cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nightmare signing up to Plusnet!! DO NOT USE!

leahnoble

Nightmare signing up to Plusnet!! DO NOT USE!

Yesterday evening I tried to sign up to Plusnet online. Selected the fibre broadband package and entered all of my personal and payment details. Upon clicking confirm to go ahead with the service, I was presented with an error message and a number to contact customer support.....helpful!! Left with the dilemma of not knowing whether it has been set up and whether payment has been taken, so on and so forth....

I subsequently checked my banking this morning to find that indeed Plusnet had taken the initial upfront payment of £28.98 but had not signed me up for the service as I have received no confirmation emails whatsoever. I therefore contacted the "customer support" number this morning to be told that I had not been signed up and that I should rest-assured the £28.98 would be refunded within five working days. However, the support chap on the phone was quick to put me through to sales AGAIN to sign me up over the phone. I was greeted by [CSA Removed] in sales who "processed" everything again, took all my personal and payment details AGAIN and said he would be able to get it set up without the problems I encountered online. He rushed me off the phone towards the end and said that if he encountered any problems processing the request he would call me back....I didn't receive any call back and subsequently checked my internet banking again to find that the upfront cost of £28.98 has been taken AGAIN and I haven't received any sign-up emails STILL!! An hour or so after speaking with [CSA Removed], I received a call from Plusnet "Customer Support" - "Hi, this is just a follow up call to check everything is okay following contacting Plusnet and you are happy with everything". I went on to explain the above to be told there was nothing "customer support" could do about this as they are in a different department to [CSA Removed] and I should ring up AGAIN and ask for [CSA Removed].

Safe to say that I will be cancelling any service should this end up being processed in the end, and wont ever be recommending Plusnet to anyone! Absolute shambles of a service!! I even tried to chat to "customer support" online and the function wont work!

I won't even know if I will be refunded the £57.96 I have paid so far for only stress and agro, for the next five working days.

Anyone else experience such a shambolic service and any advice around how I get this resolved?Huh

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) CSA name removed as per Forum rules

4 REPLIES 4
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: Nightmare signing up to Plusnet!! DO NOT USE!

Give plusnet a chance to correct things Wink Hopefully someone from plusnet can reply to this post and help with your order.

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

On many browsers you need to disable your pop up blocker, for CHAT to work:)

PN could perhaps add a note on website (to this effect) when people are heading in CHAT direction via Contact Us.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi leahnoble,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have had with signing up. Could you private message me your details please so that I can investigate this further for you.

leahnoble

Have messaged you.

Hopefully you will be able to get to the bottom of this.