cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nightmare account issues and now Debt collection agency contacting me!

plantman

Nightmare account issues and now Debt collection agency contacting me!

Had it to the back teeth of the issues on my account now. In June last year i tried to renew my plan on my account and i couldn't due to a system error so i did it over the phone. I agreed a new deal and was very happy, however the new deal wouldn't register on my account and i kept getting over charged (this went on for 6 months!) i had numerous rebates, cheques sent to me etc and it dragged on and on, cost me a fortune in personal time repeating phone conversation with people who couldn't fix it.

Then Plusnet came up with a lightbulb moment that they needed to delete my old account and create me a new login as my account was on an old database and this would fix all of my issues.

The first few months it still wouldn't work but finally in January i got a correct bill.....only then it got worse as i got an email from Plusnet stating because my old account had been deleted i needed to pay an early termination fee and had 14 days to pay it.

So after 7 months of account issues i have to call again to ask them to cancel the termination fee and explain again that it was Plusnet who closed the account to create me a new one. I was told not to worry it was all in hand.

Now 4 weeks later I'm getting emails, texts and letters from a debt collection comp[any saying i will be taken to court. I have open tickets on my account bouncing the issue back and forth between people who obviously cannot solve it.

Absolute joke, i am so annoyed and if i get any marks on my credit rating i will be contacting Ofcom.

Tags (4)
4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Nightmare account issues and now Debt collection agency contacting me!

Better idea, if you don't get a proper response from PlusNet, @plantman  - collate all your correspondence on the issue, let them take you to court and put in a counter-claim for harassment and failure to provide a proper service.

If they get stung with high costs, they might decide to sort out their apology of an accounting 'system'.

John
plantman

Thanks for the reply John,

I would certainly like to as i just don't understand how this can happen - its been bounced around the customer service team, put on hold, then redirected to another team etc. My only issue is I'm so tired of dealing with it, i must have called 50 times and re-explained the same thing only to not have it resolved. I've still got uncashed refund cheques from them i need to deposit (who send cheques in this day and age!) so to take time off for a court appearance for an amount i don't even owe them is just another inconvenience i cant tolerate.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Understood,.

John
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @plantman, I'm really sorry for all the issues with this. I can see that a request was sent through on 12/2/21 to remove your details from the debt recovery process, that can take around 14 days so apologies that you weren't told to ignore any further such correspondence in that time. Please do let me know on here if it continues to be an issue after the 26th and I'll make sure it's looked into further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team