cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nightmare Inititaion

MrJasinski
Dabbler

Nightmare Inititaion

Spoke with online chat about 2 weeks ago just to be on the safe side that everything was ok, and they assured me it was. They even stayed there whilst I made the order to confirm it was all good. I was coming off Sky Fibre (this is an important point)
Today, an engineer did not show up. The router did not show up either. I got offered 25% off for fibre for the month for the router incident.
After 40 mins on hold, I spoke to someone who would have to put me into another 30m+ queue. I asked to be called back.
Someone called back to say that order was cancelled and they wouldn't be able to get an engineer out for at least another 24 hours. Putting kids to bed and didn't have time to moan, so said "ok" and was offered free broadband for the month.
Get a call back 10 mins later to say the reason order was cancelled was that my house couldn't get fibre. I mentioned the above and was told I'd have to be called back tomorrow, after 12:30 where the rep. would be in.
"There is conflicting information as to whether you can receive fibre, BT seem to be taken orders for it even though your line is showing as not being capable of receiving fibre"

All people have been pleasant so far but it's been an absolute farce. I work from home so depend on internet. Quite frankly, a free month of broadband is not going to cut it!
Anyone else at all had a similar experience? If nothing is sorted out, I may have to consider other options.
8 REPLIES 8
MrJasinski
Dabbler

Re: Nightmare Inititaion

I've called BT and Sky who both have confirmed to me that I can indeed get fibre at my address
Wit that said when I check their own checker, it says I can't. I told them this while chatting but they insist the system their end is telling them that I can receive it!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

And there is PlusNET's problem.  They rely on BT's fibre availability database.  One wonders if BT are being sly in not keeping their database up to date so that other ISPs cannot take fibre business.
Hopefull PlusNET will report this foul on the supposed to be level playing field (no preferential treatment of one retail ISP over another) to Ofcom.
Hopefully one of the CRT guys will pick this up - expect a PM request for location details.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MrJasinski
Dabbler

Cheers 🙂
Was an old customer but now back, slightly older 😉
Will this mean my TCB won't track, nor will be £50 cashback?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear about your issues.
If you can PM me the username I'll see what I can do.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
MrJasinski
Dabbler

Sent - thanks
StuartUK35
Grafter

Not in Gloucester are u ?
I'm having a similar issue, and got multiple people from different places saying different things!
What makes me laugh today is, all re-sellers including BT state Fibre is available to my address, yet the email I had from OpenReach Fibre team this morning state fibre wont be available until end of July!!!
Safe to say, BT as a business really are the worst, and given EE as a business sucks just as much, when they become 1, they will beat the likes of Yodel and a few others for the award of Most Useless Company ever! Cheesy
MrJasinski
Dabbler

I work in Gloucester if that counts
Looks to be sorted but have lost a days contracting so will look to get something back.
I've no problem with everyone I spoke with but the whole process has been shocking.
MrJasinski
Dabbler

Engineer supposed to come today between 8am and 1pm. With 24 minutes to go, it's not looking promising.