cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Plusnet but still getting billed by BT?

gemaface

New to Plusnet but still getting billed by BT?

Hi

I migrated from BT to Plusnet on 30 April 2016. I was out of contract and have received a letter from BT saying goodbye. However, today I received an email from BT about my new bill which includes a refund for the last days of April and next months Broadband and Calls package which is significantly cheaper than my old bill - in fact it looks about the same as my new Plusnet package.

Do Plusnet bill through BT? Or has someone not done their job properly somewhere at BT or Plusnet? 

Any advice would be great!

6 REPLIES 6
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: New to Plusnet but still getting billed by BT?

Hi @gemaface, welcome to the forums!

I've had a look over your account and we haven't billed you since your initial fees. Your billing date is the 28th of each month.

If BT are continuing to bill you for a service they no longer provide, unfortunately you would need to get in touch with them directly to discuss this.

From looking at your account I can see both the phone and broadband are with us and have been since 29/04/16, so BT should not be billing for the phone and broadband from that date.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
gemaface

Thanks for the clarification - I came here to ask as BT have been so painfully useless regarding my query. Looks like I'll have to give up the rest of my afternoon to deal with it. Thanks again!

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem, I hope it gets sorted for you Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

It sometimes takes BT a few days to catch up with billing, and they should get you a refund, can take a few weeks though. Just watch they don't try and bill you a cancellation fee as well, took me a while to sort that when they did to me!!

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Glad to see (On twitter) you've got it sorted Thumbs_Up

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
gemaface

Thanks everyone - I think I have it sorted. BT were at fault and it was to do with the contract being terminated near the end of the month and their computer system sending out automatic billing. Not sure why the bill was so much cheaper than normal though....