cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New restrictive Openreach visit booking rule and £50 rearrangement fee - when did this start?

netgran
Dabbler

New restrictive Openreach visit booking rule and £50 rearrangement fee - when did this start?

New conditions regarding Openreach visits have appeared that will seriously hamper me managing my multiple Plusnet installations where I deal with everything as an authorised person on the account but the principle account holder pays the bill. Due to this new rule I'm already thinking of replacing one of these accounts in favour of a pay as you go MiFi as a result of to the potential difficulty of managing line repair visits.
What's new:
- The principle account holder only must agree to the service visit, their appointed authorised account user cannot.
- if a visit is rearranged less than 48 hours in advance, there's a £50 fee, (which you only get told about after the visit has been booked!) presumably taken by direct debit.
When were these terms introduced, when were we emailed about this change and where in Plusnet 'announcements' or terms and conditions is this important change mentioned?
9 REPLIES 9
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: New restrictive Openreach visit booking rule and £50 rearrangement fee - when did this start?

Have you got a link to these new T&C's?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: New restrictive Openreach visit booking rule and £50 rearrangement fee - when did this start?

The part about 48 hours has been in the T&C's for some time - if this is what you mean
32  Where we arrange for an engineer to visit your Premises for activation of the Service, or for resolution of a fault, you will be responsible for any costs incurred owing to any of the following:
1  an engineer attends an incorrect address as provided by you;
2  the site for installation does not meet the minimum requirements as agreed during the product registration;
3    an engineer arrives to carry out the installation at the address provided by you, but you no longer want the installation completed;
4  entry is refused to the Premises, or access cannot be gained, at the appointed time, as agreed between you and us;
5    you report a fault, an engineer attends your Premises, and discovers the fault is not the result of the Service;
6    your reported problem, following your request for an engineering visit, cannot be confirmed; and
7    when you cancel a request for an engineering visit later than 48 hours before the scheduled visit.
With respect to the booking of a fault this is, or should be, via the ticket system so an authorised account holder - or anyone with login permissions - can do it
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

it was the specific £50 that I hadn't seen before
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Oldjim
Resting Legend

It is referenced in the Price Guide under Missed Appointment and is always advised when you book an engineer visit
http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/price_guide.html Table 1.6
The cancellation less than 48 hours before may not give enough time for the visit to be stopped so comes under the Missed Appointment rule
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

To clarify; Openreach don't acknowledge any of our requests to change the appointment 48 working hours before the appointment date (though we sometimes try and get lucky). As a result they still assign an engineer out to the property for the initial appointment date.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Clarification needed
The Legal statement is 48 hours hence 2 days
Your post says Working hours hence 6 days
Do weekends count as working days
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

My understanding (from a faults point of view) is that it's 48 hours. I've always managed to make changes within this time frame too.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
netgran
Dabbler

Quote from: Oldjim
...With respect to the booking of a fault this is, or should be, via the ticket system so an authorised account holder - or anyone with login permissions - can do it

I was most categorically told on the phone that additional authorised account holders such as myself CANNOT make or agree to the appointment.
I even then pointed out that this was exactly what I'd done on previous occasions since I am authorised by the acct holder.
Next time I will ask to be emailed a link to the Ts & Cs page that confirms what the service desk assistant is saying to me on this point.
Very frustrating when you are told opposite things by different folks.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

It has to be the account holder that contacts us I'm afraid, as it's possibly chargeable. We will of course speak with the authorised user about other details particularly the technical issues around the visit.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team