cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New referrals very unlikely unless service improves...

jrwdevs

New referrals very unlikely unless service improves...

Hi,
I used to be a very enthusiastic promoter of Plusnet, but unfortunately the number of active referrals is steadily dwindling as people move to try and get better service elsewhere (mainly due to abysmal daytime / evening speeds).
Once you get away from the 'low usage' deals, which you can get dirt cheap or even free elsewhere, Plusnet's new packages are not even as good as their parent BT's deals - BT Option 3 claims unlimited use for 24.99 whereas Plusnet don't even do a high usage account any more, even though the top one is 29.99
(And as far as Plusnet's claim of 'no such thing as unlimited', a friend who's been with BT for a couple of years was given a written guarantee of no caps or restrictions of any type as part of the last annual renewal, when they put the prices down..)
Sorry guys, but you are going to have to have a  major rethink before I can consider recommending you again.
Robert.
2 REPLIES 2
Mark
Grafter

Re: New referrals very unlikely unless service improves...

Hi there.
I know what it@s like to see your list of referrals decrease. But I honestly believe that our current packages offer great value for money. Our traffic management policy is clear and open and not buried in small print or in an obscure Fair Usage Policy.
I would be very interested to see that written guarantee from BT. Their own FUP states.......

Things you need to know about BT Total Broadband
3. All BT Total Broadband options (including any unlimited options) are subject to BT's Fair Usage Policy as set out at the Support and Advice section at www.bt.com/broadband.
4. Where you constantly go over your usage guideline we may charge you for your extra usage or upgrade you to another BT Broadband option that is better suited to your usage or end your agreement. You can find details of the extra usage charges in BT Total Broadband price terms. If we upgrade you to another BT Broadband option, the rest of your minimum period or a new three-month minimum period will apply, whichever is greater.
5. We may also take action to manage network performance during periods where there is a high demand. Please refer to the Support and Advice section at www.bt.com/broadband for more details.

I know it is hard to believe for some, but truely unlimited broadband is absolutely a myth. It doesnt exist. BT use Ellacoya management just like us and many other ISP's. We admit it, others dont.
We admit it because we believe it guarantees network performance for our customers and allows us to provide quality and sustainable services.
If you are seeing slow evening speeds and you are using the product within design then we need you to raise a fault and let us investigate it.
Certain protocols such as p2p and usenet will slow down as the network gets busy during peak, but these can be scheduled to run off peak. Browsing, gaming, email etc will be superb.
I'd be happy to discuss the issues with you which your referrals are experiencing. Could it be possible that they are on the wrong package, such as our legacy BB Plus?

gholden

Re: New referrals very unlikely unless service improves...

Hi,
I had an 'Unlimited' business package with BT. I had high volume with database backups across connection, etc.  I was 'victim' of the fair usage policy with BT threatening to suspend my service at one point.
The main point of this being that BT were introducing this at a volume below my PlusNet 'Limited' service and I was paying a higher subscription charge.