Did you mean: 

New referral discount not received

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: New referral discount not received

Quote from: joestoner
which of the two good suggestion from me are you passing on

Ah... it was going to be the one about the amount being shown against the next bill notifier. Unfortunately though that's not going to be possible, as the invoice is created by the billing script run on the night before your billing date, so until then we don't know how much the invoice will be for.
& when do I get paid?

Unsure, you're best off following the ticket on that one.
The typo is that there's no difference in the descriptors; you can't see it 'cause you're too close to it!

But if both descriptions make sense then I don't see how there can be a typo?
rja66
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
@rja66
@MisterW
Sorry if this disappoints but I'll need to postpone looking deeper into this again until Monday at the latest. Don't worry I have good reason and I'm not procrastinating for the sake of it Smiley

Hi Adam,
Any further update regarding my original query?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Rich,
Have you seen Matts subsequent comments in my original thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,116756.0.html

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rja66
Rising Star

Thanks MisterW, I hadn't read that until now.
I would of thought that you should get the referral after the initial set up fee (and first months payment) was taken but if you have to wait another month now I guess thats what has to be. I don't remember that with my previous referral but that was a while back now.
Thanks again.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Yes, I didn't realise that until these issues came to light. It would appear that the system doesn't give a referral credit for the 1st month. As you say, I don't recall that from previous referrals but I probably never checked. It's only a small amount but there is the principle I suppose...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rja66
Rising Star

F.A.O. Matt Taylor or Adam Walker
Hi Guys,
A second month has now passed and still I see no referral discount applied to my account for my sisters unlimited connection.
It was mentioned on another thread posted by MisterW (my question was never actually responded to directly on this thread after the initial reply) that the system should generate credit after a full month has gone through (something I don't recall on a previous referral) and checking today I note my sisters account ***322 was activated 26/06/13, first billing date was 12/08/13 and the second 12/09/13. Based on the response to MisterW should I not see one referral for this account now as the first full payment would of been paid on the 12/08/13?
It looks like a glitch in the system, in fact Adam actually refers to 'a known problem' in MisterW 's thread. I personally think as my sister signed up in June and paid for July in advance I should get my discount for that month also, after all you had the income for that month that I referred did you not? I'll leave that up to you to decide what is morally correct here and not what 'the system' does or doesn't allow however....
I thought I'd raise this issue again here as I'd already started this thread but if you preferred I raised a ticket in order to resolve please let me know.
Thanks guys.
Dx7
Rising Star

The referral system has been unwell for some time. I refer a lot of people to plus net and earn over £1000 per year  - I have two separate accounts with this same problem.  I have about 20 referrals on ether Value or Unlimited that are showing a value of 0 and are not generating credit. I also have referrals that I have helped change package, but the updated package (with a higher referral value) does not show up on my referral list. They know about the problems, its taking time,  and I think it’s going to be a nightmare for plusnet to sort things out and backdate people with the correct amounts.
I personally think plusnet should have a better support system for people that contribute so effectively to the success of plusnet. In my opinion, even with the rather poor support I have received with various referral problems – when it comes to sorting out regular broadband problems for customers - plusnet are streets ahead of other low cost providers -  it’s an easy product to sell.    

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

I have about 20 referrals on ether Value or Unlimited that are showing a value of 0 and are not generating credit.
That's interesting, that's exactly the situation I have with my latest referral. I was told that it will correct itself on the referral first invoice date but now from what you say I have my doubts.

Dx7
Rising Star

I don’t think they have told all the support staff that there is a problem with the system. If I was to be cynical, if you had a problem (that was only going to help your bottom line) would you be so quick to acknowledge it? And   what kind of priority would you put on it to get it fixed?   Ok we are only talking very small values here, I would not be surprised if it’s affecting everyone who is making new referrals – a lot of small amounts add up.  I have no problem with waiting, just as long as I don’t have to start chasing up lost referral credit – it can be a nightmare getting them to look closely enough to fully understand an unusual issue via a ticket.
I had to leave for a year just to get a new account - my old account stopped logging referrals, even though I was filling in most of the orders myself.  My new account logs them all perfectly, but I lost a lot of referrals because of that glitch.
dick:quote
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

I don’t think they have told all the support staff that there is a problem with the system
In my case it was Matt from the DCT and they're usually pretty knowledgeable about these sort of things. His comment in my origibnal thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,116756.0.html was
It's more the knowledge of the billing team to be fair, they're who I asked - and I did question the value which should apparently update as soon as an actual payment (or token transfer, however it's best phrased) has been created.

rja66
Rising Star

Quote from: Dx7
I had to leave for a year just to get a new account - my old account stopped logging referrals, even though I was filling in most of the orders myself.  My new account logs them all perfectly, but I lost a lot of referrals because of that glitch.

That's crazy, having to leave and come back just to get what is owed to you. I dont think I would have accepted losing any referrals, after all you were not at fault.
I'm not feeling too confident this is going to be resolved anytime soon now which is a pain but as its plain for all to see that we are entitled to it contractually and can prove we have not received payments then I'm sure we will eventually get what is owed.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
There's no movement on the problem yet I'm afraid though I'll chase it up later today to see if we can get an update. Sorry about the delay on this, we will make sure tokens are backdated once it's all fixed.
EDIT: Problem ref. is 75835, sorry I didn't add that before.
rja66
Rising Star

Another month, no referral. Impressed not.
Perhaps I should cancel my direct debit and set up a standing order for the reduced amount?

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

PN is there a estimated fix time for this problem (75835)?
Regards
Mike

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Now over a month ( for my open ticket) and even longer when this thread was started  for problem (75835), PN is this not high on the list of problems to be fixed ?
Regards
Mike