Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New referral discount not received

rja66
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

New referral discount not received

My sister signed up to PN Unlimited in June on my recommendation. Her account appears under 'My Referrals' as active but has a referral value showing as £0.00. As far as I know all payments have been made from her account so I was wondering why I have only received a referral discount of £0.25p for another account this month? Is there a waiting period I haven't seen in the terms and conditions?
42 REPLIES 42
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: New referral discount not received

It's a known problem apparently http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,116756.0.html
Adam's on the case though ( I hope! ) Smiley

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi guys,
I've not had the opportunity to take that further yet, it's not been forgotten about. I'll do my best to factor that into my work over the next few days.
I'll come back with an update tomorrow either way.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
rja66
Rising Star

Thanks Adam, appreciated.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Ditto

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

joestoner
Dabbler

This is SPECIFICALLY for Adam:
My discounts are not only sporadic but threads that I open on this subject are subject to disappearing, being summarily closed and contain lies.
PN's business is driven by a dreadful accounting system which interfaces with my online account in a confusing (terminology being illiterate) and inaccurate manner which the staff that operate the Questions threads do NOT CONTROL.
This rubbish leaves a VERY bad taste in the mouth especially when the recommendations that I should be being paid REGULARLY for are my nearest and dearest who I now have to explain the lunacies that are now being duplicated on THEIR accounts.
Why is it so difficult to apply a simple discount to my monthly payments???
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@rja66
@MisterW
Sorry if this disappoints but I'll need to postpone looking deeper into this again until Monday at the latest. Don't worry I have good reason and I'm not procrastinating for the sake of it Smiley
@joestoner
I'm sorry to hear about that, by threads I'm assuming you're meaning support tickets rather than forum threads, I've checked the account and can see tickets pertaining to a number of different subjects which should all be visible via the member centre.
I'm not personally able to assist you with this particular issue right now but we will do our best to help with the immediate problem tomorrow.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@Adam, No problem, I realise you're a man down at the moment due to holidays.

rja66
Rising Star

No problem, thanks for keeping us informed Adam.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@joestoner
The issue as I can see it from the tickets on your account is that referrals credit is being returned via BACS to your account rather than applied as discounts to your bills. I can get that sorted simply by removing the BACS details from our system.
I assume that's how you'd prefer things to work? let me know and I'll get that arranged.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
joestoner
Dabbler

Yep Adam I'd like a discount applied to the regular DDs that I pay PN with; which is the ONLY method that I set up i.e., no BACS or indeed CHAPS!
May I suggest an evolution to this system in that when composing a reply it would be nice to see the message/thread/unit/item to which I'm replying.
I know that I come across as a grump but as a retired web entrepreneur I'm deeply saddened by the attitude that WE have become the tools of the Accounts/messaging systems and not the masters!
Machines have liberated us only for us to be enslaved by crap computer systems:((
Have a nice weekend
Joe
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
Sorry for the delay in replying, I've raised a ticket through to our finance team who will get those details removed for you.
joestoner
Dabbler

Hi Adam
When I log in to my account there is a little banner that says:
"Your referrals saved you £6.75 this month"
Which is not strictly true, is it?
Also I have another little banner, above, which says that my question has been answered but when I click on it it's awaiting an answer!
Why?
A long running typo is the EXACT same descriptor for the first two items under Useful Links:
View My Bill
Check your monthly bills online
View My Phone Bill
Check your monthly bills online
the "s" in the second belongs on the end of the first item i.e.,
View My Bills
Suggestion:
The notifier of the date of the next bill should include the amount of that bill!
ATB
Joe
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I can see this is now under investigation with our billing team (A&BS stands for Account and Business Services, though we've not used that acronym in a while) so they'll be able to advise further regarding your referrals.
The ticket thing means it's been updated, but unless it's been closed you can still comment on it hence the 'awaiting answer' - I believe it should say something like 'with you awaiting an answer' if it's been passed back to yourself.
With regard to your other query, I can't see any typo's there? All looks fine to me. Like the suggestion though, I'll pass it on.
joestoner
Dabbler

Hi Matt
which of the two good suggestion from me are you passing on & when do I get paid?
The typo is that there's no difference in the descriptors; you can't see it 'cause you're too close to it!
ATB
Joe