cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New plusnet account query

FIXED
gsd123

New plusnet account query

I have just made the switch from bt to plusnet, due to be transferred on 9th Oct.   I set up an email for my new plusnet account to keep track of any correspondence from plusnet,  I have had general emails confirming my account and transfer date etc. All of the emails I have received so far have been duplicated, so I receive two emails with exactly the same content, which have been sent out at the same time.  I am hoping this is just a glitch in the emailing system and not two accounts as obviously I just want one new account.  Please could anyone confirm this for me.

Thank you in advance Smiley

5 REPLIES 5
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: New plusnet account query

gsd123

OK thank you, I think I understand , just that I have only the one email address with plusnet at the moment so would that be why I am receiving duplicates to the same email address. 

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Fix

I have been receiving two of all communications for donkey's years. I just haven't bothered to remove one from my account. The first is addressed to the non Plusnet address that I used when I signed up and is still registered on my account, the second is to the Plusnet address of postmaster@xxx.plus.com, which was originally generated by Plusnet.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

To help out a member of staff, it may be worth PM'ing them with the headers of both e-mails so they can look into it further if needed.

Of course, don't post them here as it will contain your personal information.

Hopefully someone will respond to this thread and can look into it for you.

gsd123

Thank you for all the replies, I have figured out now that yes one is addressed to postmaster@ (myaddress) I hadn't realised this had been automatically generated until I looked closer at the emails. 

Thumbs_Up