Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New package

Sues
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

New package

At the moment I pay by DD for my broadband each month and pay a one-off payment for Line Rental Saver for my phone. The phone line contract expires on 30 April and the broadband on 24 August. What I want to do is combine them into one package. So as the phone line expires in April will plusnet then automatically deduct the monthly line rental from the same account as my DD for my broadband?  In August I can then get a package for broadband and my phone line combined. Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
ckcomputing
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: New package

@Sues

Once your Line Rental Saver ends, then your line rental element will be taken monthly on the same DD.

Brian

Professionals are predictable - it's the amateurs that are dangerous!
Sues
Dabbler

Thanks very much.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Sues,

Rather sounds as though you plan to migrate away in August?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Sues
Dabbler

Not at all. Just makes more financial sense to have phone line and broadband in one package. I've retired so money more precious now!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

You should not set your expectations on getting the same deals as offered to new customers.

Whatever deal you might get, the discounts apply to the broadband element not the phone line component, so that price remains what it is.

Not renewing LRS means that you lose out on the potential savings between now and August and that in August you'll 'cop' for the to be expected annual price increases ... Which if you renew now you will avoid.

There are suggestions that savings can be made by migrating to the phone line to other providers ... Even after the loss of the £2.50 discount for having both services with plusnet.

Personally I would not countenance taking phone and broadband from different suppliers for making ownership of faults 'stick' becomes so much harder.

Consider calling customer options (I'm thinking of leaving) now, explain your situation and see if they will offer a joined up deal now without penalty.  Whatever they offer, say you need to think about it and compare options, though if they could do a bit better.... Wink

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

On top of what others have already advised, I'll be happy to arrange a call back from our sales team if you're wanting to look at a new deal to lower those monthly costs.

Please let me know your contact number via PM if you would like to go ahead.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet