cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New order for 76MB , provisionally booked then changed !

killswitch73
Dabbler

New order for 76MB , provisionally booked then changed !

Ordered on 31st October
I chose the earliest date that was available ,which was the 16th November .
I then had a txt update today saying it is now the 26th November .
so i got to wait 4 weeks for my new broadband and my contract has now ended with O2 and im not sure if i will get cut off and have no broadband .
I already used my mac code from them to join Plusnet and had confirmation by email from o2 that im leaving them.
Will i get cut off ?Huh
thanks in advance .
2 REPLIES 2
prettyflyguy
Grafter

Re: New order for 76MB , provisionally booked then changed !

Hi killswitch
I know how you feel about your delay.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,108022.0.html
After being given 3 earlier install options on sign up and then hearing nothing and having to chase up my order with CS and I was given date 26/10/12 5 weeks after sign up date 22/09/12
I'm still waiting for my fibre and phone and will now have a 10 week wait come new install date of 27/11/12
I hope they get this sorted earlier for you and if they cant, offer you some sort of goodwill gesture maybe?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: New order for 76MB , provisionally booked then changed !

@killswitch73
To clarify the dates offered at signup are offered as provisional dates in the case of a simultaneous order being required (when an activation of phone service and a fibre broadband install are required for the same day) as that needs some manual intervention from us. So I'm sorry if you got the impression that one of those dates would be set in stone. We should advise that we would then get back in touch with you to confirm a booked date for the appointment as my colleague Mark did yesterday when he replied to ticket 61690305.
I am however well aware that we may need to do some work to improve on how our website sets an appropriate expectation for this and I've been doing a lot of work recently to put forward some reccomendations for that.

@ prettyflyguy
It looked like a different issue affected yourself where an issue identified on the original visit meant that another one had to be arranged, sorry to see that delayed things for yourself too.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team