Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New line and broadband

AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

New line and broadband

I could do with a new line and BB but I see there's a fifty quid fee is this ever wavered, BT will but you have to sign for 18month and make chargeable calls. If I go with PN would there be any other charges if the previous provider was LLU? Wishing I never cancelled the accounts now it's a pain to get started again. I assume the old provider will still have connection fees?
16 REPLIES 16
prichardson
Grafter

Re: New line and broadband

It will depend on he status of the old line as a transfer from LLU.
If the line is still live, the end to end connection between property an exchange exists. Only once you cease with that provider, do the routing records get removed and thus, connection charges apply.
http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/price_guide.html#talk
Give our sales team a call, we will be able to locate more specific records in realtime and give you a better indication
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

Ok I will give them a ring. It's not a clear cut set up. Essentially I'm trying to avoid contracts and set up fees as much as possible. The scenario is I have 2 plusnet accounts already. What I'm trying to achieve is my pro package down graded to value at home, my co.uk address transferred over to my business account and a new line and value with pro upgrade set up at this house. I don't know how long I will be staying here so no get out fees are imperative. The old provider was talk and was cancelled two months ago. This is my late mothers house so I know when it was cancelled,
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

I've just noticed if I join PN through Uswitch I get 4months free BB, will referrals still apply?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi AverageWhiteBloke,
yes you'll still get the referral.
Jojo Smiley
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/plusnet_broadband/ I noticed this taken from another post. I assume if I am using a different address I still class as a new customer?
Sorry to looking into things that far but I'm trying to clear most points up before phoning sales or it's going to be a rather long winded conversation from my mobile.  Smiley
And cutting to the chase which is currently the best deal being offered from 3rd party sites?  Roll_eyes
matt_2k34
Grafter

AFAIK - a new account = new customer.
You should get your cashback Smiley (and your referrals for each month)
Regards
lexusuk
Grafter

If you are signing up a new account then I don't see why you wouldn't receive the cashback.  However this is all down to the company offering the cashback of course.  It might be worth checking with them if you want to be certain beforehand.
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

Just at PN'S sign up page, can I just add not kissing but or owt but of all the isp's I've looked at today PN'S is the cheapest deal based over the twelve months so far and the clearest. All other packages seem to try and confuse you into signing up but at the end of the day everyone seems to be hovering around the same figures give or take a couple of quid.
Bit daunted by the 2/3 weeks activation team is this worse case scenario or the norm?
James
Grafter

Hiya,
2 weeks is pretty standard for the new installation of a telephone line. 1 week is standard for a broadband order.
It all depends on whether or not you need us to install a new line or whether we are restarting one at your property.  If you have a phone line you want us to transfer, we'll do the broadband first (taking a week) and then tranfer the phone (taking two weeks).
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

What is currently the get out of contract fee? I'm in two minds whether or not to go with a 12 month contract. With this possibly being a temporary move. If I don't go contract I will have to pay £25.00 BB activation. Is the fee still just £25.00 if I was to cancel within the 12 months?
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

Can't make my mind up  Grin The way I look at it there's a couple of quid between SKY and PN and the Pro or extra usage is a big factor as well as connection fee.
These are my main two contenders and it looks like I will have to go at least 12 month contract other wise PN will have a £25.00 BB connection fee.
Sky by my estimates works out @ £20.36 for this year and then £22.25 pm after that.
Downside
It's Sky enough said
Upside
Unlimited
Not throttled unless I go over top
LLU
PN if using the 4months free offer off uswitch for value works out @ £16.48 this year then £18.48 pm after that.
Downside
£49.99 up front for connection
Very strong Possibility that at some point I will end up either adding pro or less likely more usage at £5 per 5gig
Upside
It's PN enough said(arguably I have had two account for years with no problem)
Now if I base this on getting pro add on from day one it works out at £25.48 this year and £23.48 after that, which I guess would be pretty similar as getting extra which is £5 more than value edging my bets to cover the usage. In fact would be slightly higher as there would be no 4months free deal.
My head hurts still at work where I have an internet connection  Cheesy I think I need to go home and sleep on it!
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Why not give the Sales team a call as has been suggested? The offer is for Value only, but note that can also be written as value with a small v. They might have something to suit and the sooner you get the ball rolling the better chance you have of completing 12 months if you do need to move.
Do Sky provide a phone line free?
David
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

I will give them a bell I just assumed that most stuff was pretty much a done deal regarding fees. Hard work getting down to the small print through a mobile as well.
Sky have one off £10 for reconnection which is also a help considering I'm trying to run two houses at the same time.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Are you planning to have Sky TV? I think that is a requirement for £10 line installation as well as line rental and Sky Talk. Not sure if a 12 month contract is also involved. I see what you mean trying to follow the small print.
David