cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer no activating date yet

la7
Dabbler

New customer no activating date yet

Signed up to bring my number to plusnet for phone and broadband adsl on 27/8/13 but I have not received a activation date yet can some one chase my order up for me please thanks
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: New customer no activating date yet

Hi there,
We've just been waiting for the direct debit to become active before we could place your order for you.
That's now become active so we'll be placing the orders for you very soon.
Please keep an eye on ticket 73769644 for updates regarding that.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
la7
Dabbler

My current telephone and broadband supplier is Tesco and after placing my order on the 27/8/13 with Plusnet a week and a half later I am being told that my Line will change over on the 17th and my broadband will change over 48 hours later and could fail and could take another 5 days , To me this all seems a bit of a shambles and I now wish I did not change over communication from plusnet is very poor and I dread to think how poor things are going to be if things go wrong,
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Based on what Adam posted the initial delay was waiting for the direct debit to be set up, paying the initial charges by card would have avoided that. Once the order is placed there is a mandatory (Ofcom) delay of 14 days on line transfers (anti-slamming protection).
However I would expect broadband transfer to take place an hour or two after the line transfers, not two days later (I'm assuming a 'sim (simultaneous) provide' has been ordered). The five days problem resolution time is the standard period for adding broadband on an existing line if for some reason a 'sim provide' can't be done.
It looks like this has not been communicated to you well, something for the Digital Care Team to pick up on Monday. Hopefully they can also provide confirmation of the progress on your order.
David
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi,
Yes, I can confirm that the broadband and phone should be come active on the 17th, due to the nature of sim orders we have to advise that the broadband could take up to 48 hours to complete after the phone line but I don't imagine this to be the case.
communication from plusnet is very poor and I dread to think how poor things are going to be if things go wrong,

I'm sorry you feel that way, I'll be taking a look at how we've communicated things to you regarding this.
I hope everything goes to plan and please let me know if you need us to check anything.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team