Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer - fibre extension kit

giscott
Dabbler

New customer - fibre extension kit

Good morning,
I recently migrated to PlusNet fibre, from BT fibre. I had the OR socket already and am using my Home Hub 5 so didn't need an engineer for installation.
I chose to have a fibre extension kit when I signed up. Can you tell me
-when I can expect this to be installed
-what exactly it entitles me to
I currently have one telephone socket in the house in the hall by the front door. I ideally want to put my router in the living room. Will they put a new socket in? or just lay an extension lead?
Thanks.
9 REPLIES 9
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: New customer - fibre extension kit

The data extension kit is provided as part of the install by the BTOR engineer (or sub contractor).
As you already have a suitable master socket you're unlikely to get an installation visit (as you acknowledge) and BT's records will show that you already have a suitable installation.  As such I would think that fitting a data extension kit may be chargeable, but you never know...
SharonBrown
Grafter

Hi Giscott,
pwatson is right in that it is chargeable if we send someone out to install an extension when there is already a fibre connection there.  That being said, there are other things we can discuss.  I have sent you a PM and also raised an online support ticket on your account for you to come back to me on.
I look forward to hearing from you soon Smiley
Warm regards
Sharon
giscott
Dabbler

Thanks for the replies and thanks for the PM Sharon. I'll take it from there.
-Greg
giscott
Dabbler

Hello, just a little bump. I got a Private Message from Sharon [SAB] but it was for someone else and not me. Can anyone look into it?
Thanks.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Sharon's not in the office at the moment. If you could PM me (I'm about for a few hours yet), I'll take a look.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
giscott
Dabbler

Hello, has anyone had a chance to look at this yet?
Thanks,
Greg
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I don't want to have to ask you to PM a 3rd person here! So let me follow this up with Sharon for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
giscott
Dabbler

Hello,
Please note that this issue is still outstanding. I have PM'd Sharon who was dealing with it. Please can someone follow up?
Thanks.
catelliott
Grafter

Hi there,
Sharon's out of the office at the moment, could you drop me a PM and I'll have a look at this for you? Smiley