cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer confused

galaxy66
Grafter

New customer confused

When processing the direct debit details we were quoted  discounted prices of £15.23 for the first 3 months then £18.48 for the next 9 months, yet on the account details it states £18.48 then £24.98 ??
Also this on the  order "status" has me confused as to when the broadband will start.
[[[Activating your line

Broadband orders typically take a week to complete.
Your broadband order should complete on 05th Oct 2011 - After 12pm. Please note that this date can sometimes change. We'll let you know if this happens.
Current
Hardware delivery

The order is awaiting processing

Broadband order

We'll let you know when your broadband is ready to use.]]]

Is it after 12pnm on the 5th Oct or is it  "We'll will let you know when the broadband will start" ?Huh
4 REPLIES 4
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: New customer confused

It's an estimate.
It starts when it starts (when your router sees an ADSL signal on your line).
£25 sounds a bit steep for broadband - I am supposed to pay £11.49, but I presently get some discounts.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

galaxy66
Grafter

Our exchange is unbundled, so it will (technically) cost us more no matter who we go with, that is a package price including the line rental. ( I know they are owned by BT)
After a third diabolical experience having a line fault repaired and nearly tearing my hair out speaking to Mumbai we decided to leave the incompetent  BT lot, this time it took 11 days to get my line fixed due to the right hand not knowing what the left hand was doing. With plusnet i will not be ringing up Mumbai any more which to me is a big plus and at those prices it is a cheaper deal than Bt offered us.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I think the discounts are applied as separate line items so the net price you pay will be the one quoted (£11.99 line rental including E & W calls + £6.49 for BB Value less £3.25 discount for 3 months, then £12.99 less £6.50 discount for 9 months). However the staff will no doubt provide a definitive reply in the morning.
Your broadband service might well complete a day earlier than stated. Smiley
David
galaxy66
Grafter

That is what I was hoping, maybe it would help if that was made clearer in the details we have had since the order.