cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer billing issue

lisswin

New customer billing issue

I paid upfront 23/03/15 for broadband, as we did not have an active phoneline we had to subscribe to a phone line via plusnet in order to be able to use the "free" broadband they were offering.
31/03/15 we finally were informed we had a phone line connection, great news! however the broadband box hadn't even been posted out to us, when we enquired we were advised there was an "error" and the box would be sent out to us. 9/04/15 we were advised the broadband was now active.....no box.....however we were advised that the box could be posted through the letter box. Finally we tracked down the box at the sorting office, it did not fit through the letterbox.
So my question to Plusnet was will they be compensating for the time period between 31/03-9/04 for the non supply of broadband? Their answer? No......because you have free broadband and the phone line which you are paying for was connected and working.
So I was signed up for a "free" connection that I did not get for 9 days, so will they be extending my "free" period for an extra 9 days or be compensating in any other way?....answer....No because it was free.....I had a phone line which was working and they cannot compensate because the phone line was working.
I think they were missing my point though....I did not sign up to Plus net to use a phone connection! I signed up for a broadband connection that could not be used without a working phone line, so regardless of whether that part of the service is free for 6 months I still could not use the service I signed up for for 9 days.
To add to my frustration I even received an email from plusnet stating the following:
"Because your broadband and phone were activated at different times, we'll give you a discount off your second month's bill.
We'll refund you for the period between your broadband and phone going live. Your second month's invoice will show you details of the refund."
It did not say this does not apply to customers with the "free for 6 months" deal.
Has anyone else had this issue? and is it just me who thinks it's a little bit unethical that a company can take money from you upfront then be slow at providing the service using the "well you had the phone line installed" as an excuse? I'm not an expert in these matters but I m guessing the phone line installation was carried out by a 3rd party anyway....
Here is their reply:
Thank you for chatting with me today as we discussed you were wanting a refund for the downtime between your services activating.  I am deeply sorry but this is not possible as you are not paying for the service that would usually be credited for and as your phone service was working correctly we are unable to refund that either.
2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: New customer billing issue

Let me have a look into this.
I will say that generally we'd refund for the downtime on whichever service the downtime occurred, and as the broadband is free there is technically nothing to refund.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: New customer billing issue

I've replied to a ticket on your account and you can see this at contactus.plus.net
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.