cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer and already frustrated!

FIXED
sPePs

New customer and already frustrated!

I'm new to Plusnet, have only just got my account set up and am awaiting my router.

I had an email from Plusnet to say my direct debit couldn't be set up and to go online to check. I did this and with the few visible bank account numbers realised I have put in an incorrect number.

So, I went to the online chat - they didn't help and just said I have to call. I've tried calling numerous times today to be told there's a 15 minute wait. I cannot alter the bank account number online as the system won't let me do this. Ive also sent an email to Plusnet to be told they can't accept emails regarding this and to use the online chat or 'ticket' system, as I've said before the chat didn't help and the ticket system isn't working on my account as its so new.

To say I'm annoyed at Plusnet already is an understatement!! I wanted a new provider other than the well known British T' one as have used them for years and they let me down time and time again.

Am I going to regret joining Plusnet at the first hurdle and have to go elsewhere??? 

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: New customer and already frustrated!

Sorry to hear this.

Unfortunately we can't take payment details via live chat, you'd need to either update it online or over the phone. Having said that, it doesn't look like the direct debit instruction has fully failed yet, so this would explain why you can't update it online.

We won't be able to submit a new direct debit from this side either, because of this I'm afraid

Could you try updating the details at the end of the week 13/01/2019 or later please?

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
sPePs

Thank you Anoush, its good to have a response! I will try at the end of the week.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

No problem.

Keep us posted.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet