cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract cooling off period

Greenwell
Hooked

New contract cooling off period

I accepted a new contract despite increase charges on August 10 2020 (new contract starts September 5 2020) After reviewing the charges I decided however that I wanted to pull out off this but have been told this morning that I exceeded the 14 day cooling off period by three days. I pointed out that it has been impossible for me to talk to them since agreeing contract - despite numerous attempts - just no one was answering the phone and there is no chat facility.I did however get through this morning after only having to wait 28 minutes.

My claim that this three day overtime was due to me being unable to contact them wasn’t dismissed on the grounds that I could have made the cancellation online here. I was genuinely unaware of this fact. I was also very surprised to be told that they didn’t know what the cancellation penalty would be for new contract and wouldn’t know until my new contract had initiated in a September. This seems utterly bizarre to me.

Does anyone know if there is anything I can do to take this further? Should say my service is for landline and and bog standard broadband. Thanks, John

2 REPLIES 2
Greenwell
Hooked

Re: New contract cooling off period

Well I received a call yesterday from an exceedingly helpful and competent lady called [CSA Removed]. Honestly what a contrast in manner and professionalism and I suspect she has a more senior position to those I spoke with the previous day. She essentially told me that I am liable for no penalty because my new contract doesn’t commence until September 4. She also gave me helpful advice about transferring and did indicate possibilities of remaining with Plusnet. It does make me wonder why I had to spend so long listening to astonishing nonsense from previous operator and her managers promptings but I am just happy that I received the call and got someone who does their job well.

Plusnet should use this lady as a benchmark for their customer service and fault response operators as she knows how to communicate with a customer. Thank you very much [CSA Removed]

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: New contract cooling off period

Hi @Greenwell, I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you, though I am glad to hear that this issue has now been handled.

Thank you for taking the time to update us and provide your lovely feedback for my colleague, I will ensure this is passed on to them.

Please do get back to us if you have any further queries.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team