cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract confusion

isarge

New contract confusion

Hi.

Sorry but couldn't get through by phone. 

I have just changed my contract as my old one was nearing its end. However, the pricing I have been sent as confirmation doesn't seem to match what I thought I was being offered (£3 per month plus evening and weekend calls at £5 per month). I normally pay my line rental up front but that doesn't expire until mid June. My confirmation email seems to suggest I'll be paying £27.99 AND another £19.99 when my line rental saver agreement runs out.

?

7 REPLIES 7
KIngsgroove
Dabbler

Re: New contract confusion

Welcome to the World of Plusnet Contract Renewal! This whole process is a nightmare! After a disasaterous renewal process last year Plusnet have learned nothing! To get what you think you were 'offered' is a lottery! The whole thing is shambilic with no-one dedicated to seeing you through a succesful renewal! The whole process of communicating with Plusnet is one giant game of Chinese Whispers! No 'phone' conversations are ever 'backed up' with correc emails! They run on generic 'blurbs' and pre -printed responses! No one has 'initiative' to sort an issue out! It is a total nightmare they (Plusnet) need to be ashamed of themselves see my thread here Renewal Nightmare - Good luck you'll need it!

isarge

Thank you! I'm going to keep everything crossed and hope I get some sensible support. Best of luck to you as well.

salmo
Rising Star

The best of luck.

I think the staff on here do their best to help but it seems that once an error has crept in it just snowballs. I thought that it would have been easy to remove the wrong contract and replace it with the correct one. In my case that didn't happen.I ended with a bill with 20 entries on it as the original person I renewed it with started my new contract straight away rather than at the renewal date. He also originally put a discount in for one month instead of twelve. I'm guessing that the billing system is not very flexible. Hopefully mine is now sorted but I await my next bill with interest.  Good luck.

KIngsgroove
Dabbler

The point being is that the whole process of getting anything sorted is a classic case of 'Too Many Cooks Spoli the Broth'. Everything you write or communicate gets picked up by a different person most of whom seem to be in a hurry and don't read the comments or issues correctly. Both last year and again now I get conflicting information as to what 'offers' are available to re contract to. It seems renewal is only geared up for telephone contact and it's 'pot luck' who you get through to and what you will be offered. After what I thought was a fair offer I wanted it confirmed in writing (email) should be simple enough but it never is! Either the company's proccesses are choking the staffs ability to deal effectively or they are reluctant to follow through as someone else will pick up the next thread and yet another slant will be added to the debacle! I suspect they (renewal staff) are incentivised to close a deal as there is some pressure to 'do the deal' at the first call. When you ask for confirmation you are told it will be on your statement. That's where things go wrong! That is also why they don't follow up because if you do take up the offer the commision goes elsewhere! It is actually easier to cancel at the end of your contract and rejoin on more favourable terms as a new customer! Whatever happened to bespoke customer service?

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

@isarge Good afternoon Smiley Your Line Rental Saver is a separate contract, I've looked into your account for you and updated it all here for you.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
isarge

Hi again.

So, very relieved by contact from customer services - thank you tinytaco.

The new contract I was signed up for is the contract I thought and not the one whose details I was emailed directly after clicking confirm.

It seems to me that the issue came about because I have proceeded with this new (offered) contract before the expiry of my previous contract. 'The system' has then reacted to this change by taking me out of my previous contract immediately and then putting me in the cheapest general tariff. All this has happened, and the details emailed to me, before any new contract has taken over.

This seems to be an error with the way 'the system' works and it should be interrogating to find out whether a new contract has been requested before it reacts to an existing contract ending early. It needs to be resolved because it undermines confidence.

As always, PlusNet staff have been very helpful and for that I am very grateful.

KIngsgroove
Dabbler

The same thing has happened to me! After 7 failed attempts by the Customer Circus Team I was contacted by a Sales Agent via his Line Manager! He was helpful and we agreed a package to renew for another 12 months! At every step I asked for email confirmation which he provided but it didn't stop standard emails from being sent out which of course didn't reflect the package I've agreed to. The Sales chap explained how this was a 'fault' in the system and I should disregard these emails. However I still have no confidence that the billing will be correct as these 'automated' emails kick things to start with no 'intelligenge' behind them! I was also told I could renew my Line Rental Saver through the 'Home Control Panel' but currently there is no option to do this! Again PLusNet make the whole thing far too complicated even for their own staff! A complete overhaul is required rather than leaving customers to having to resort to jumping into a pool of often poorly equiped or skilled personel to deal with issues FIRST TIME around! We live in hope!