Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract, LRS renewal and Possible Call Plan change Conundrum

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

New contract, LRS renewal and Possible Call Plan change Conundrum

Can anyone help with this conundrum?

I renewed my contract recently and the new contract is due to start on my next billing date in October. When I renewed I asked COT about changing my call plan from the old £7/month Anytime (which does not include calls to mobiles) to the current £8/month Unlimited UK and Mobile Calls.

COT said that I could not change from Anytime whilst my LRS is in place as their systems cannot cope. My current LRS expires the day before my November billing date (i.e. a month after my new contract starts). They said that, if I want to change from the old Anytime plan I would need to do so once my LRS has lapsed.

However if I do that, I cannot renew my LRS before it expires and so would incur at least one month at full line rental cost. But, if I want to keep LRS with no break I will have to renew it after my October bill date (once my new contract starts, as I cannot do so until then as the new contract means there is already a product change in progress which precludes renewing LRS until then). If I do renew it after the new contract starts so there is no break in LRS, it appears that I cannot then change the call plan!

If I do decide to change the call plan after LRS lapses in November, does that mean that I cannot then renew LRS until the new call plan takes effect in December? That is, does the change in call plan constitute a product change? If so I will end up with two months line rental at full cost.

I thought that changes to call plans could be done at any time and that those changes did not impact on broadband contracts etc.,but this is seemingly not so if what I am told by COT is true. Also, if that is true, am I trapped in the Anytime call plan forever as long as LRS is in place whether or not I want any call plan at all?

What a wonderful billing system Plusnet have created! It certainly is not designed to be customer friendly.

3 REPLIES 3
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: New contract, LRS renewal and Possible Call Plan change Conundrum

Hi @jgb, thanks for getting in touch.

Just to note, we are able to change call plans whilst LRS is active on an account, unless you have a legacy call plan (usually have a prefix before the call plan name, such as 'talk' anytime) in which case it would have to be amended once the LRS expires.

I think the reason we're unable to change the call plan in your case is due to your contract change (due to happen in October as you mentioned) as when I have just attempted to change it myself to see what error I got, it advised me unable to change due to a change already in progress.

I'll monitor your account until after the new contract starts, at which point I can try again to change the plan for you. If it's not successful, we'll take it from there at that point and look at the options.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@LaurenB 

Thank you for looking into this.

I have added some comments to the ticket you have opened on my account, but you seem to be confirming that there is no simple way to change my legacy “Anytime” call plan as long as LRS is in place on my account.

I think that this is the issue rather than the impending contract renewal which does prevent renewal of LRS until the contract renewal takes place on my next billing date.

Hopefully you can work out some way to allow me to change the call plan should I finally decide to do so without needing to let LRS lapse with the associated cost.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @jgb 

I've let @LaurenB know you've replied (as she has taken this on as a piece of personal work) and she's asked me to let you know that she will pick up the reply and get back to you shortly.

Kind Regards, 

MoR