cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New broadband offer / renewal TOTAL CONFUSION

andyt1970
Grafter

New broadband offer / renewal TOTAL CONFUSION

Background: I am an existing broadband customer and my contract runs out 1st April 2022. I also signed up for Plusnet Mobile on their Black Friday deal last November and ordered 2 SIMs - and still haven't had my 2x Reward Cards.

I received the below email on 10 Jan 2022:

Unlimited Fibre for £21.45 a month (18 month contract) plus a £50 Reward Card.

It clearly says "available to existing Plusnet customers signing up through the offer landing page by 2nd February 2022 taking unlimited fibre broadband and Line Rental on an 18 month contract".

However the mobile number at the top of the mail (blanked out) is my girlfriends mobile number, remember I signed up using the Black Friday Plusnet deal and ordered 2 SIMs, one for me and one for my girlfriend, so I have 2 separate online mobile accounts but in my name.

Does this mean cunningly if I sign up it will be invalid, even though I am an existing Plusnet customer? I don't trust their offers as you can tell and am fuming I still haven't received the 2x £20 Reward Cards for signing up for Plusnet Mobile.

(Have to post several screenshots so they are eligible).

1 Email offer.jpg2 Email offer.jpg3 Email offer.jpg4 Email offer.jpg5 Email offer.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
andyt1970
Grafter

Re: New broadband offer / renewal TOTAL CONFUSION

When I sign in to my online account after clicking the email I get this offer, where's the £21.45 price?

a.jpg

And then when I proceed "signing / accepting" it gives me this price WITH NO MENTION OF A £50 REWARD CARD, and seeing as I'm already paying £36.99 for that package, asking for £33.40 a month for the next 18 months is NOT a good deal, and why did the email promise a £50 Reward Card then? I obviously did NOT proceed with the order. Plusnet are so dishonest with their advertising and offers.

c.jpg

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

The offer from the email (to your girlfriend) is for Unlimited Fibre, the 40/10 product. Your offer is for Unlimited Fibre Extra, the 80/20 product, hence the price difference. So you are being offered that for the base price of £23.99 plus your current call plan at £9.41. As for the reward card, its very unusual for that to be offered to existing customers, I suspect the original offer to your girlfriend could be on the basis of a 'new' broadband customer.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

andyt1970
Grafter

Thank you, I can't see the woods for the trees. Never noticed it was for the slower 40/10 product.

pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

The 80/20 product is currently£20/ month with now broadband, plus anytime calls thrown in  as well 

moansalot
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

FYI - just been offered the same deal as Now TV for 18 month contract ( though Now( Sky) is only a 12 mth contract )   - Unlimited Fibre extra  -  ( essentially zero cost ) line rental and anytime calls all for £20 per month  - plus new Hub 2 and free delivery - though cpi + 3.9% will be added come march

mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

Hi @Gandalf @moansalot  Don't know how you got that deal unless you received an e-mail with the offer from marketing department according to the information the support team gave me yeaterday.

My contract, due for renewal at the end of this month, was in discussion when informed them of your comments/deal that was the information given to me. I tried the loyalty route, 20 plus years with PN but was told that if I didn't receive from marketing then I could not get that offer.

Eventually I did get my price reduced from the original offer as long as I took a 24 month contract including the cpi+3.9% increases. Then I was politely informed that as it was a 24 month contract and my Hub 1 was getting old it wouldn't last the full contract and would require a new Hub so that would be sent to me. I thought brilliant till I was informed that £6.99 would be added to my first bill as this was for the delivery and he was adamant that this postage had to be paid.

I then received an e-mail confirmation stating that my new contract will take effect from 22/02/2022.

Thirty minutes later I received a second e-mail stating that my new contract will take effect from 07/02/2022. So I agree renewal Total Confusion and loyalty thrown out of the window.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @mort7890

I'm really sorry for the confusion.

From what I can see the agent put the new contract through instantly rather than scheduled for your next bill date.

I'll be happy to arrange for a colleague from our Customer Options Team to call you back and discuss your renewal with you further. Could you private message me a contact number we can ring you on and when you'd be available? 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet