cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New billing system is a joke!

tazzywood
Hooked

New billing system is a joke!

Please please tell me that this spanking new system is a long term April fools joke as this is getting ridiculous!

For the past 3 months now, this is how matters have occurred :

1) Connection fine and dandy

2) Notification comes through that billing couldn't take money

3) Try to go online to say either yup will pay or need to acknowledge that payment is needed only to be met with a non functioning connection!

4) Try restarting router etc nothing

5) Scream at screen .. ahem

6) occasionally get redirected to "http://failed.billing.plus.net/apps/payment/failed" but that page doesn't load to click that either you acknowledge or want to pay. So try loading plusnet main site to log into account...nope nothing

7) Eventually manage to get to pay bill, think that problem is solved but NOOOO, still get redirected to "http://failed.billing.plus.net/apps/payment/failed" non-responsive page.

and as of this evening tried ringing customer services because I need to use the net before tomorrow and get cut off 3 bloody times. I have wasted almost 3 bloody hours to try to use my internet!

Sorry but this really is unforgivable. I am shocked that this page is one of the few that have loaded, whether it lets me post is another thing.

Had to rant, who knows maybe someone who knows what they are doing will see this and manage to fix it so that customers don't keep going through this. Hopefully also this 4th attempt at phoning C.S. will work!

**Edit:

4th call was the charm! Got through to human (Nathan) on C.S. and he fixed it in 30 seconds. Can't fault the guys in the centre, but I do hope this software gets its act in gear !

12 REPLIES 12
LouisejHughes24
Dabbler

Re: New billing system is a joke!

Tell me about it!

Got cut off, logged on to pay...no payment page! No online chat and no option to pay on the automated phone line. 33 minutes on hold, took payment, can’t set up a DD but services will be back on in 5 minutes. Call it a hunch but I figured my services wouldn’t be back on so joined the phone queue again. 30 minutes later, the previous advisor hadn’t removed restrictions so I’ll do this now for you.
Here I am still waiting for the restrictions to be lifted..... really is ridiculous!
smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

Its been like this since September , all you hear from plusnet is Sorry you had problems Sad

LouisejHughes24
Dabbler

I’m still sat here with no bloody internet! Payment has left my bank and half an hour ago I got a text to say my services are now restricted due to none payment. Two hours after I rang up to pay!
Seriously annoyed, I work from home and have had to down tools tonight due to lack of internet!
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @tazzywood

Thank you for getting in touch and I am sorry to hear that you had such trouble when trying to access your service.

I have reviewed your account and have responded to you via a ticket here

If you still need further assistance then let us know and we would be happy to help.

@LouisejHughes24

I am sorry to hear that you have also had issues. I have reviewed your account and this issue appears to be resolved.

If this is not the case and you still need further assistance then please feel free to get in touch.

neilc72

totally agree the online system hasn't worked in months, it would seem you have no choice now but to ring up and pay over the phone then ring back again to have the bloody restrictions removed, its happened to me twice now after years od being with plusnet im now looking for another provider since plusnets service has gone steadily downhill 

neilc72

just a quick note i rang the call centre regarding my inability to pay my bill online and it would appear that the restrictions that plusnet put on your account block there own website and the online payment site, i tried to pay over the phone but due to a computer error that wasn't possible so i asked if the restrictions could be removed from my account which was done by the nice chap i spoke to and hey presto within 10 minutes i could access the online payment site, so it would seem that not paying your bill blocks your option to pay your bill??? seems a bit stupid to me Smiley  

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @neilc72

Thanks for getting in touch - I'm pleased that this was resolved for you.

Just to clarify - when restrictions are placed on the account and you attempt to access any website (including our own) a pop-up splash screen should appear that allows you to click "Acknowledge and continue browsing" - on some devices, this will not appear (due to the way that web browsers are coded on various platforms) so it would seem like we're blocking our own website and payment options. Usually, the pop-up screen is most reliable on laptops/desktops with a Windows or Apple operating system.

If for whatever reason the screen doesn't appear and browsing becomes impossible, we're always happy to help via any of our contact channels.

Best wishes

Dave

Syeface88

@randall, sorry but you are wrong. The whole plusnet website is being restricted on a monthly basis as soon as your bill is due. It’s nothing to do with the splash screen not appearing on certain devices and you will see if you look into my notes username syeface without the 88, that I have contacted every month for the past 4 months about this issue.

As OP said;
1. Open a browser and navigate to a page
2. Page redirects to failed.billing.plus.net/apps/payment/failed
3. Page doesn’t load up but times out regardless of which device you are using.

The fact is that this has being going on way too long and the failed billing page needs removing until a working fix for the system is produced. I was told the first time it happened to me that it was only affecting a few people but that the problem was there and support were aware of access to the whole plusnet page being blocked. It isn’t the case that this is only affecting a few people, of the 4 people I know that are with plusnet, they all have this problem unless they have direct debit set up.

I’ve already asked this month once and my contract is up in June/July, I’ll be leaving and joining Origin Broadband if this isn’t resolved by then.

Listen to your customers or type “failed billing page won’t load” in the forum search and look how many posts there are 👍🏻
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I'll certainly go through and find what examples I can of this happening so I can report back on it internally. Really sorry for any inconvenience. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
LouisejHughes24
Dabbler

Things have got far worse for me today and I've been forced into the decision to leave Plusnet.

My bill was generated on 14th February and I've now had my services restricted due to none payment.  No option to acknowledge and continue browsing so I started a help chat.  This is what I've been told:

*Without a valid payment method such as a bank card or direct debit set up and in place, accounts will be restricted until this is actioned.  No option to acknowledge and continue, just no internet until I can make payment.

This is really ridiculous, I cannot set up a Direct Debit until this payment is made and I cannot do this until I get paid at the end of the month.  Single parent, one wage!  I just want a Direct Debit going out on the 1st of every month, why is this not possible?

This is really going to hit harder up families now and I for one, am left with no internet for the next week with a business to run from home....Thanks a bunch Plusnet!!

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @LouisejHughes24

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry if you have had issues with your invoice.

I have responded via a ticket on your account with further detail on your issue. You can view these details here

If you have any questions feel free to get in touch

LouisejHughes24
Dabbler

Thank you for your reply although all you have done is confirm that I can’t have access without payment. Definite goodbye to Plusnet, I’m now without internet for a week!

A little heads up that you were changing your policies would have been nice as the option to acknowledge and continue has always been there with 14 days before services are disconnected. I suspect I won’t be the only mine saying farewell!