Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New billing system - double billing

Protech
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

New billing system - double billing

This is just a heads up that the new billing system is double billing some customers.
I have received a September bill for services already billed for and for future services that will not be provided as the line has now ceased.
Spoke to CS who advised that they are aware of the issue and to ignore the bill.
We shall see if this does actually get billed. I am reluctant to cancel the direct debit at this point as that can lead to further problems down the line.
You can check out but you can never leave ( easily)
41 REPLIES 41
rippedoffme
Grafter

Re: New billing system - double billing

I am being charged again in Sept bill for line rental saver which was paid on 20
August 2018 and can't contact anyone to sort out. 

40mins wait time on phone and one available on internet chat.

I'm a new customer "now do me proud" or I won't be for long!

longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Making an additional monthly line rental charge after a full years LRS has already been paid is a problem that's been going on for a long time. I've posted on the subject myself in the past and warned people to be extra vigilant about this just after LRS has been paid.

rippedoffme
Grafter

How can I correct it when I can't contact them?

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @rippedmeoff

Thanks for getting in touch and bringing this to our attention.

I am very sorry that you have been double billed on your recent invoice. I can see that you have spoken with a member of our team regarding this issues.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Regards,

- Warwick

Protech
Aspiring Pro

Oh what a surprise , after being told by CS to ignore my inaccurate September bill the direct debit has been processed !.
My service ceased on on 03 September and I have been billed fro the whole of the September. Also I have been back billed for august which has already been paid.
Anyone in plusnet care to comment on why I have been lied to ?
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

You haven't been lied to. Your problems are mainly caused by the new billing system which is broken, also once a bill is issued it can't be corrected so the DD will be processed then you will get refunded in a couple of weeks, if you are lucky.Smiley

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @Protech.

I'm sorry about the error in your latest bill, I appreciate your concern. I have responded to your message here.

If you need anything further, please let us know.

ask66
Dabbler

Same here, my father-in-law signed up to Plusnet as a new customer on 14th August and paid Line Rental Saver the same day by credit card.  On the new-style September bill the LRS has appeared again, due to be taken by Direct Debit on 10th September.  He used online chat to alert PN to the problem four days ago.  A support ticket was raised but he's still waiting for a reply.  Having told him how good PN is and convincing him to switch, I'm feeling a little embarrassed.

mapline

Hi

Same her I'm new to PN and the advert says seems to say good service. Not so far.

Topcash PN stated £95 and the have confirmed £80 but wil take 3-4 months to possibly correct.

Now bill double charged!

Can't get through on phone or chat line.

No email option!

Not impressed and worried for the future.

Michael

IanBlackburn
Dabbler

Add another disappointed new customer here.  Internet service is good, but customer service and billing are terrible.

I have been double charged totalling £415.50 so far and the website still says a payment is due.  And it doesn't show previous payments even though I have the bank records to prove it.

Waiting on the phone trying to get through to someone... 25 mins and counting.  No email option, Chat is not available. 

Ian

Protech
Aspiring Pro

Just to remind anyone who has received an inaccurate bill ,which you are able to prove , that it is Plusnet's legal responsibility to bill accurately for their services. No excuses accepted.
If you pay by direct debit I would suggest contacting your bank and raise a direct debit liability claim , it takes 5 mins over the phone. Your erroneous bill will then be refunded .
It is then up to Plusnet to issue a correct bill.
rippedoffme
Grafter

Yes  I have spoken with a member of your team regarding these issues, but the money was still going out of my bank today until I stopped it. I was advised to raise a new DD from the members centre. I will do this when someone assures me I won't receive an automatic demand again. Hope someone at PN reads this and does something about it.

Extract from DD guarantee attached to PN setup letter 

"If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit by Plusnet plc or your bank or building society you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society"

One good thing to say is that chat line is up and running. That will probably crash it. 

alan659882
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi guys,

My DD has been taken out of my account twice this month, guess I'll need to get in the phone queue!

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @alan659882,

I'm very sorry that you've been double billed this month.

If a duplicate payment is taken, you can enforce a refund for a duplicate direct debit in two ways:

1). We will refund as part of our internal process and this can take anywhere up to 14 working days to take place.

2). You can contact your bank and request a 'direct debit indemnity claim' as part of the direct debit guarantee. This is usually actioned immediately and the funds made available in line with your banks own timescales (usually quite quickly).

Please let us know if you would like us to arrange the refund from our side.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Font size fixed.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team