Re: New bill amount wrong

EmbarrassedCrazy2Crazy2Crazy3Cry

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @Elny,

I'm sorry to see how long you have been awaiting a pro-rata refund following your services leaving us.

I am going to escalate this matter with our billing team to try and avoid any further delays with the refund.
As part of this escalation I will also be requesting that the erroneous outstanding balance be written off as it is not owed, along with finalising the closure of the account.

I do apologise for any inconvenience and frustration this matter has caused.

Moving forward I will be personally monitoring the ticket on your account to keep you updated.

Thank you for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Mike85
Hooked

It's been months and my latest bill is wrong again.

The open question (opened in September) on my account was last updated on 7th November which still informs me your unable to access what I assume is your billing system.

Is this going to be resolved anytime soon ?
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @Mike85, thanks for getting back in touch.

I am sorry for the length of time it is taking to fix this issue. I can assure you it is actively being worked on and any further updates will be provided on the open support ticket for yourself.

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
cluehqsomerton

I'm a little concerned reading this thread, I too am having issues with my billing which has now been ongoing for 3-4 months. Firstly I was billed twice on the same bill for my broadband connection (£35 + vat overcharge) which couldn't be cancelled and was taken out of my bank account, the next bill was for a different amount to that taken out of our bank account (only about £1.50 difference but it was still incorrect) and still no sign of a refund or credit for the £35+VAT, the next month again there is no credit applied so an incorrect bill.. Last month I raised a ticket and was told that the £35 9+ VAT would be refunded within 10 working days, still no refund 17 days later. I raised ANOTHER ticket quoting the old one that says the refund would be processed, this has now been completely ignored. I use tickets because I have a written record of what has been said and done, telephone conversations can be denied. I'm am sick of this ongoing saga which, as a new customer is very disappointing and worrying. My next step is to contact the ombudsman for advice and look to cancel my contract as I believe the service delivered has been well below any standard that should be expected.. Maybe me writing in a public forum will prompt an answer now.

I started off a very happy customer as PlusNet helped me sort out a poor install by TalkTalk, but now it has soured and dread each month to see what comes next.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @cluehqsomerton 

I'm very sorry to hear that you feel that way. 

As has been said previously, we are currently working on fixing this issue and as soon as we are able to communicate anything further we will of course be doing so. 

My next step is to contact the ombudsman for advice and look to cancel my contract

Whilst this is completely within your right, I would highly advise taking the issue through our internal complaints process initially. Our complaints process can be found here

In regards to your credits, I have added your account and various ticket references to an internal tracker which is used to find out why issues such as yours have not been fully actioned. This tracker has a 24hr turn around so we should be able to provide more information tomorrow. 

Please accept my continued apologies, and thanks for you patience whilst we investigate your account. 

Kind Regards,

MoR

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Link fixed.

Elny

Hi cluehqsomerton

I am one of the previous customers of PlusNet. I had similar ongoing dragging for few month saga issue with my bills. I cancelled my contract on 17th September 2018 and since then PlusNet continued billing me for the service they no longer provided.

I have opened ticket but just like in your case the tickets were ignored until I posted my concerns in this forum thread. I got a quick response and the ticket was looked into. Promises to get my problem sorted were made. A month later got another reminder from PlusNet to pay the outstanding bills and once again I went same route - responded to earlier opened ticket to which I had no response, a week later posted in this forum, received quick response in forum, new empty promises were made. Another month later new bill reminder with more added charges came via SMS. 

Iy was December when upon another circle of tickets and forum posts I got someone in PlusNet customer service team finally cancelling all the wrong charges and closing down my account so that no further charges would incur.

It has been three months now, we are in February 2019, and I have not heard back from PlusNet with any bill reminders. I finally can put my mind at rest. The saga appears to be over. The issue has been sorted.

So please don't give up and don't get stressed too much about PlusNet's wrong doing or not doing. The problem will be sorted but it may take a lot of your effort unfortunately.

And, I guess, I am not coming back to PlusNet after such poor handling of the billing errors although the quality of broadband service (I only refer to speed, connection stability, low ping which was good) I had from them was not so bad throughout my contract duration.

cluehqsomerton

Thank you for your reply MoR,

The link to the complaints page does not work, it gives a 404 page missing error.

I have been trying to sort this issue out for 3-4 months now, since my first bill with PlusNet. I appreciate there are issues and they are being looked into, however, submitting a support ticket and being ignored is not good customer service and in my opinion a sign of ignoring a problem rather than trying to resolve it. 

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @cluehqsomerton,

I do appreciate that this issue has been ongoing for quite some time and I can understand why you may feel unsupported in this issue, due to the lack of response via the support tickets. Please be assured that we are trying our best to resolve this and have since raised this to our Billing department for further investigation and support. We are still waiting on a update from Billing, and have been advised to allow a further working day for their response.

I am sorry for the inconvenience and any confidence you have lost in our service. We will get back in touch with you tomorrow to update you further.

P.s. You can also find our complaints code of practice here - let me know if this works

cluehqsomerton

The complaint link now works, thank you for that.

I have finally received a reply, the credit "should" be applied to the February invoice, I will wait to see if it has happened before raising the complaint. It's a shame I had to open this publicly to get a response. I know a phone call or online chat gets a quicker response, but with a support ticket I have every part of the conversation recorded, peace of mind for me should I need to refer back to anything said.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @cluehqsomerton,

Thank you for getting back in touch. I'm sorry for the poor experience that you've had in regards to the billing errors and for the inconvenience caused. I'll pass on feedback about this.

The credit is showing on your account and so this should come off the next invoice that is produced. Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if you experience any further problems with your bills or if there';s anything else that you'd like to discuss.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
smiffy1
Pro
Fixes: 1

@EmilyD  Thank you for getting back in touch. I'm sorry for the poor experience that you've had in regards to the billing errors and for the inconvenience caused. I'll pass on feedback about this. ?  i would think they may be inundated with feedback about this error , which some have had since September last year , and still no sight of a fix

cluehqsomerton

Thank you for now.. the proof of this being resolved is when I get my bill and see that it has been done as I have been promised this before.

Mike85
Hooked

Hi

Due to the problems with billing my account, CS escalations said they had put a lock on my account on 7th March to stop it being billed incorrectly.

After checking my bank account it appears a payment was taken on the 25th March.

Why have I been billed after being told this?

All the problems I have been having are in an question on my account.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @Mike85,

I am sincerely sorry to hear this has happened. I have looked into this for you and responded here, via the account due to my response containing account sensitive information.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team