cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account

Gavsterchef

New account

Hi all, bit of a strange one please bear with me. I currently have BT phone and fibre broadband but am moving home to an area that unfortunately does not have fibre so BT have said if transfer the service to the new home i wont be charged if someone else takes it over (i have arranged the transfer date to be the 28/09/2015). However the place i am moving into has phone and broadband with sky and this service will run to 25/09/2015. I explained all of this over the phone when i was signing up and was told it was not a problem but today i received an the email below
I'm sorry, we are unable to place your Phone and Broadband order right now, because your previous phone provider has placed a pending cease order on the line, due to complete on 26-Sep-2015.  If the Cease Order goes through to completion, a fee of £49.99 will be applied as an engineer visit is required to restart the line.  So that I am able to proceed and place your order as soon as possible please contact your current provider and request for this to be removed.
It looks like the person who signed me up didnt understand what i was saying and just pushed the order through.  Where do i stand?
ps plusnet have already taken £20+ as the initial payment
Any help greatly appreciated.
17 REPLIES 17
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: New account

Hi Gavsterchef.
Great username, a warm welcome to these forums.
That message was sent to you in error, so allow me to apologise. If there was less than two weeks before Sky ceased the line, it may have made a little more sense.
We can place an order, to be activated for the day that Sky release the line, which I'll do tonight for you. I'll update your ticket shortly.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Gavsterchef

Hi thanks for the reply, can you confirm that you understood the situation and it makes sense (I confuse myself thinking about it lol).
I've just been informed that sky's last day is the 20/09/15 and BT aren't scheduled to take over until the 28/09/15.
Will i need to wait until BT actually takes over the running of the phone and bb or can you come in anytime after the 20th and tell bt that you are my new provider.  i just dont want BTto try and take over the service if you take over the line anywhere in between the 20-28th.
Hope im making sense
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It has confused me a little bit, but I think I am clear now.
I think it'd be best to get BT to completely cancel their service, and let ourselves deal with everything in the new address. Letting BT take over the new address, and then instantly letting us take it from them sounds a little odd, along with not being very economic.  Huh
If we do go by the process you have said, we'd have to completely wait for BT to take the service from Sky (on the named date).
Let me know if this makes sense. In fact, also let me know if it doesn't.
Matty
Gavsterchef

Haha it confuses me trying to explain it. I'll give BT a call and completely cancel their service which will probably incur a fee :(, I'll get back to you when I've spoken to them
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Keep me posted Gav.
It's likely that you'll inevitably have a cessation charge to deal with, as they will need to completely cease the line.
Matty
Gavsterchef

So if be finally managed to completely cancel the BT move with no fees  ;D.  The sky phone and broadband in the new house is disconnected on the 20/09/15 so when can yous take over, bearing in mind I still need a router from you guys.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

The line is due to be ceased on a Sunday?  Huh
A dialogue check on our side seems to insist that the services are due for disconnection on the 26th. If so, it should be about 24 hours from this date, to get the phone line back on. Followed by 5 working days for the broadband.
We can check back this Monday for you, though I'm not certain we'll be able to get your order in place.  Embarrassed
Matty
Gavsterchef

well cant be the 20th since i still have internet lol
is there anyway the broadband can be connected sooner?
and i take it when you say you wont be able to get the broadband in place you mean in time for the service being disconnected from Sky?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Unfortunately there's nothing we can do until the 26th I'm afraid.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Gavsterchef

So you'll take over the phone on the 26/27th but the broadband will be 5 days later? How come it takes longer to get the broadband switched over?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

The phone line is more likely to be the 27th/28th, purely because orders don't always go through against lines that have only been ceased that day (I believe this generally happens when the line shows as ceased but there are still activities open on the cease order on the back end systems)
Unfortunately we can't switch the broadband on any sooner as the orders take 4-7 working days and we won't be able to place the order until after the line has been restarted.
If we were to place a simultaneous order to restart the phone line and provide the broadband at the same time, the minimum lead time would be 9 working days (Delayed the activation by the phone as well as the broadband) instead of the minimum lead time(s) of 1 working day + 4 working days for placing the orders separately. I'm not sure why this is, but unfortunately that's out of our control.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Gavsterchef

That seems strange as I have been able to change phone and broadband providers in the past with only a few hours disruption in service. 
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Usually we would if we were taking over the service, however in this case the phone line with your current provider seems to be being ceased, therefore we are going to be restarting a stopped service as opposed to migrating an active service.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Gavsterchef

Ok to late to do anything now so I'll just let it run on, when will the router be dispatched?