Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account: incorrect next billing date

FIXED
mpmc
Grafter

New account: incorrect next billing date

Hi folks!

Our broadband with plusnet goes live in a few days, routers been sent (waiting for delivery).

Unfortunately there is an issue with the next billing date on our account via the new billing system, it reads as 03 Jan 2037!

I can only assume it's been done like this to avoid an incorrect charge due to the billing system switch-over, I really hope we don't receive a nasty demand in years to come due to non-payment, not of our making.

Could someone look into this please?

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Re: New account: incorrect next billing date

Fix

Hi @mpmc,

I appreciate this is concerning however, I assure you there will be no demand for non-payment as the billing date is set from when your first service goes live.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
mpmc
Grafter

Thanks for confirming this is the case. Thumbs_Up Some of the features/bugs(maybe?) on this new system are quite bizarre!

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

My initial thought was that you'd gone for the "Free BB for the first 19 years option" Laugh

mpmc
Grafter

@Jonpe One can dream Laugh

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

I can imagine this being a pragmatic method of managing new account data until actuality is known. The next billing date on a new account will be one month after the service is commissioned. Until that happens, the next date is unknown. Setting it well into the future allows the data field to hold a valid date whilst ensuring that there’s no possibility of month 2 bill being generated before the install has completed.

Practical BT Openreach resource issues can cause estimated install dates to slip, therefore setting the next bill date based on estimated install date would be unwise.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

I haven't checked recently, but certainly for quite some time after I left BT my account showed that my next bill was due in 2025 which would be ten years after I left.  They did sign off their final emails with "Goodbye for now" so perhaps the billing date was also wishful thinking on their part.