Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account due to billing problems

nitram
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: New account due to billing problems

I got the 'new user' price advertised at the time  because as far as their system is concerned that's what I am.

Steelman99
Dabbler

thank  for  the  info  , so  £25  a month plus a  £60  reward  card   or  £540  for  2  years (  know its  only  an 18  month deal , but  comparing it  with BT's  deal at  £670  for  2 years  

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Steelman99  Have you had any communication with Plusnet about staying on FTTP on the new contract?   If they can't do it you will have to leave. They also don't offer any discounts on FTTP. I suggest you post in the FTTP trial forum board where a staff member with knowledge of the FTTP service may respond. Normal phone customer support will not have any idea about FTTP.

qbatqbat
Dabbler

Is there anyone here that can check what’s wrong with the static ip I should have been allocated? Tickets are on the account to say it was set up. I’m getting far less disconnects now so maybe something was settling on the new account but I’m still getting a different IP each time. Thanks.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey there @qbatqbat, thanks for getting in touch. 

Sorry to read you've had some trouble with the Static IP address there, if this issue is still occurring can you try and reset your router using a pin/similar and let us know how you get on? 

Thanks. 

qbatqbat
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply @Mads . I just did a pin reset, when the hub came back it went back to the default admin password, initially used a username setup@something, and after a while showed the correct one so I assume the full reset was done.

This gave me another IP address.

I then disconnected and reconnected to see if this was my new static one, but again it gave me a different one.

I'll drop you a PM with more personal info if useful.

Thanks for looking at this.

qbatqbat
Dabbler

Thank you so much for sorting the problem @Mads ! Latest reset has given me my static ip 😀

Steelman99
Dabbler

@RealAleMadrid  - ave  asked  the  question  on the  FTTP forum - not  a  lot  of  helpful info  on there  , anyway  ,  made  my  mind up  now   as  I  was speaking with the  neighbour  today  and  I connected to  his  FTTP connnection at  150 MBPS - and was  noticibly  better  than mine  , so   Im moving to  BT

Steelman99
Dabbler

just  to  show  that  plusnet  really  dont  know  theire  Ar$$e  from their  elbow  , I thought I  would  share  their  leaving letter  with everyone  -  Bet  none of  you  knew  that  broadband was  round  in the  1960s 

letter 2  edit.jpg

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Wow, no wonder the billing system is in such chaos.

Also interesting that it mentions retaining the phone service if you migrate the broadband, which hasn't been an option for some while now.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
nitram
Rising Star

Progress of sorts.

Old account now says 'this account is closing' not 'an error has occurred' so something is happening.

Received an email saying the setting up of a DD for the old account had failed probably because my bank account did not accept DDs and I should look on the old account to check details were correct. I haven't been able to log into this account for over a year.

There is a DD set up for the new account but not the old.

On ringing in I was told not to worry, everything will be alright and ignore any strange emails - time will tell!!! 

nitram
Rising Star

Change  of account now complete.

Lost  connection without warning.

It was trying to connect to signup@plusdsl.net and failing.

Reboot, disconnect, reconnect had no effect.

Manually changing username and password to the new account fixed it.

Fingers crossed billing will now be correct.