Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account due to billing problems

qbatqbat
Dabbler

New account due to billing problems

Hi,

My account was one of those with the billing problems. I'm not complaining about that as in my case things went in my favour!

The trouble is a new account was set up for me and that new one is still showing errors after being created 3rd November, there are a number of open "questions" most reporting problems but none are getting human updates and my question about the timing of switching my router from the old to new account has gone unanswered.

My worry is that the letter I was sent said broadband would be cut off from 18th November. I'm wondering if other people with the billing problems have this issue on their new accounts or if something has gone wrong with mine?

26 REPLIES 26
wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: New account due to billing problems

Hi @qbatqbat  I have just been through the account change, but managed to keep my original email accounts as Free email account. Everything else except my referrals were moved to the new account. I got an email to say the switch had been done, at this point you needed to reset your router to pick up the new logon, it can take awhile for the full changeover to happen.

The letter you got will be from the billing admin team - I got one as well, I contacted them on the number on the letter and advised them I was already moving/moved to a new account and asked them to talk to each other!

nitram
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I am trying to go through the username change for the same reason with no success.

The initial payment for the new account was taken on 3/11/20.

Trying to log into this account produces 'your order is currently being processed'.

I keep on being told that the transfer will soon be complete.

My worry is that even after a reboot the old username and password are being used to connect and that as the letter said this account would be suspended on 18/11/20.I will soon loose both phone and broadband.

wakeman
Aspiring Pro

@nitram 

The transfer takes sometime to happen, mine took I think 2 months in total, they have to make sure your old billing account closes properly, otherwise bad things could happen. Don't panic! You will be notified when the change is live and when to reset your router.

Regarding the letter, their should be a specific phone number to ring - ring it. Advise them you are in middle of a transfer to new account and get them to confirm things will stay are they are in the interim.  Also as a backup add a note to the ticket covering your move to a new account (on your old account probably) saying you have received this letter.

nitram
Rising Star

@wakeman 

Thanks, I'm doing all that and keep getting reassured everything is OK.

If they gave you a date when your old account would be suspended what username was in the router after that date, I can't see how my old username will work if the account is suspended, I would think something like newuser would be used until the new account  is finalised..

qbatqbat
Dabbler

@wakeman, @nitram thanks for the replys.

@nitram - exactly the same as you "your order is currently being processed" since new account created on 3/11/20 with an expected suspension of old account on 18/11/20 so hopefully it is just the normal!

nitram
Rising Star

@qbatqbat @wakeman 

Have to wait and see what happens, not that I won't phone in again this evening long before the line shuts at 22:00.

I want  an email that clearly states that the old username and password in the router will work after the old username account has been suspended on Wednesday.

Logic seems to say it should fail, perhaps Plusnet logic is different.

wakeman
Aspiring Pro

@nitram  and @qbatqbat 

Your old user name on the router will not expire, your old account should not be suspended and closed until they have migrated you to the new account. The letter is standard one issued to encourage you to transfer to a new account.

I also got one saying that someome is taking over your line as well, again its a standard letter they are required to send out automatically, you are taking over your own line, so can be ignored.

I repeat have you rung the specific phone number on the letter about suspending your old account (its NOT the standard Customer service Number).(0800 013 2632)

Further I will again repeat you will receive various emails at each stage of the migration sent to your registered email address, the details will also be in the tickets covering the migration work. My migration took around 2 months to complete.

The router will continue to work with your existing account and when you need to reset the router, you will be advised by PlusNet.

nitram
Rising Star

@wakeman  

That number is the one I am ringing, all I want from Plusnet is an email confirming  what @wakeman  said

'Your old user name on the router will not expire, your old account should not be suspended and closed until they have migrated you to the new account'. 

Each time I ask the agent puts me on hold whilst he talks to a  different department and then says somebody will contact  me later that day, no confirmatory email, also no emails stating progress on migration, my email is correct on the new account that I can't log into.

Their is a ticket awaiting support on the old account saying migration is to start, I've left a message there.

nitram
Rising Star

@qbatqbat 

Now succeeded in getting email notification that  my services will  remain active during the ongoing migration process, it was a copy of a question on the new account that I cannot yet access.

I wonder if any other useful gems of information regarding the migration are in questions on that account?

Steelman99
Dabbler

yor  lucky  to  get  that  far  - im just  getting  the  runaround  at the  moment  - wait with baited  breath for  Tommorow  to see what  happens to  my  phone line & Broadband  as  they  cant  set  me  up a  new account to keep the  present  services  that  I  have  

Ive  done as  asked and  contacted  them before  18th November   ,sp  lets  see what  happens 

nitram
Rising Star

@Steelman99 

Reading between the lines I think the action on the 18th is the one they take for non payment of account in affect crippling the account, this action is obviously easy to control.

Life would be far easier if when people asked for a new account they  received an email in acknowledgement also saying just carry on as normal we will tell you when to reboot your router to access your new account, this may be some weeks.

In the letter they say that if they have not heard from you within 14 days of the 18th the account will be closed, ie vanish without trace.

qbatqbat
Dabbler

My account was switched over at the beginning of the week, can't fault the service there, all sorted out over the phone and now using new account.

All went a bit pear shaped yesterday when I asked for a static IP to be enabled again as option was greyed out, since then my connection has kept dropping and I've been getting a different IP each time! Not great when I need a static to access work machines but hopefully it sorts itself out by Monday or they may stop believing me!

nitram
Rising Star

I'm still working on old account.

First DD due soon, hope the billing system doesn't  throw a wobbler billing an account that is still in the process of being set up.

Steelman99
Dabbler

did  you  get  any  deals  on the  FTTP price  , or  was  it  their  standard  out  of  contract  price?

I cant  even get  any price info off them at the  moment  - , Want  to compare  it  with the   present  deal  that  BT  have  on their  website  ,im tempted  by BT's 150 MBPS  for   £31.99 a  month with 3 months  free  so over  2  years  thats   671.79   for  2  years for  double  mypresent  speed, ( dont  need  the  extra  speed , but its  only  £1   month extra  from my  presnt  speed with plusnet) 

Trying to  work  out  a  plusnet  price I know  I  paid  plusnet  £28.99  for my  last  Monthly  bill  some  2  years  ago , Im guessing there  wont  be a  lot  of  price  diffrence   , and  if I only  get  out  of  contract  prices  , going by  their  website  I think im looking at  around  £42  or over  £1k for 2  years per month to keep what Ive got

just  want to  know  before  I decide