cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account discount not applied

beacon

New account discount not applied

I applied on-line for a discounted broadband and phone package on 29 September.  It quickly became apparent that there was something amiss with the application process as the monthly broadband cost was not being shown.  I queried this straight away with the Virtual Assistant and was told just to apply anyway.  I should have known better!
On 01 October my account showed a £16.99 broadband charge.  I queried this on Ticket #75115005 and received a reply that my exchange was Market 1.  I checked the OFCOM website and discovered that my exchange is Market 2.  A phone call to Customer Services resolved this and my ticket was updated with a copy of an internal note which stated “Customer should have been classed as Market 2, please amend and add appropriate new account sign up discounts.”
Concerned that I was given no written confirmation of the discount, I added another query to the Ticket on 01 Oct regarding the contract term and making it clear that I was applying for the £2.99 discount rate.  This went unanswered for over two weeks so I updated it with a request for a response.  Again two weeks passed with no response.  I phoned CS and the CS agent updated the Ticket with a statement about ‘inactivity’ on Plusnet’s part.  There then followed another two weeks of inactivity before the Ticket automatically cancelled on 20 November.
On receiving notification on 05 December of my first bill following activation, showing a broadband charge of £9.99, I raised Ticket #78185509.  Plusnet's response has not addressed my questions, basically saying “Computer says No”.
Could someone with authority please read my Tickets and explain to me why the discount has not been applied?
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: New account discount not applied

Really sorry to read about the issues with this. Please bear with us and we'll respond to ticket  78185509 again ASAP for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
beacon

Thanks for the response.
I have received a response to the ticket but unfortunately It still does not answer my question.  The problem is that your system does not show that a discount should have been applied at sign-up.  Each CS agent who has responded to my repeated requests has told me this and 'that's the end of the story' as far as each of them is concerned.  However, please see it from my side.  I applied for the discounted rate advertised on your website on 29 September.  For whatever reason, your system did not record the discount (the fact that I was assigned to the wrong market may be indicative that there was a problem with your system).  Neither did It display to me any details of the broadband cost.  I advised in Ticket #75115005 on 01 October that I had been given no cost details and that I had applied for the discounted rate.  If my queries had not been ignored, then this long protracted debate could have been avoided.
I fully accept that your system does not show any reference to a discount.  However, on your part, you must surely see that I had applied for the discounted rate, as evidenced in Ticket #75115005 .  I can see no reason why I would not have been eligible for the discount.
BRABUS
Grafter

You applied for this on 29th of September and then queried it on 1st October (2 days later) so you raised your issue with Plus net well within the 7 day distance selling regulations so they can not hold you to any contract length, especially as they have not resolved it yet.  I am sure they will resolve it in a manner that you will be happy with as they are a nice bunch of people and they will I am sure realise that it has been a system glitch.
beacon

Thanks for your post, BRABUS.  I wish I could share your optimism.  It is just so frustrating that the CS agents, in spite of all my requests, do not look beyond what their system is saying and investigate why I have not been eligible for the discounted rate.  After all, there was only one button on their website – ‘Start your order here’.  There was not a button which said ‘Start your order here if you don’t want the discount’.  It seems obvious to me that either something has gone wrong in the sign-up process or, for some reason,  I do not satisfy the criteria for the the discount.  I believe it is the former but, either way, if they would just give me an explanation, then that would be a huge step forward.
My Ticket has now been put on hold until 29 Dec pending further internal review.
beacon

Perseverance pays off as Plusnet comes good at last!  I have just received an email advising that a discounted broadband rate has been applied to my account.  Thanks Plusnet for finally resolving this.  It’s just a pity it has taken nearly 3 months to get here.