cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account - discount being stripped if unlimited calls addon selected.

FIXED
Jim88

New account - discount being stripped if unlimited calls addon selected.

I've just migrated to PlusNet yesterday.

I had selected line only for the phone, but now that I'm working from home, it makes a lot of sense to go for unlimited calls at another £10 per month.

Going into my account and opting for unlimited calls however,  it strips off the fibre discount (£12.99) - so my new monthly total would become 52.99 instead of £40.  (I didn't confirm the change and backed out)

Looks like a billing system foul-up.

Also - the £75 cashback is not mentioned in my account details  (link via uswitch on 1 May 2020) which is worrying in that there are a lot of posts in here about cashback not being honoured.

Can someone take a look at my account please?

Thanks,

JM

4 REPLIES 4
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: New account - discount being stripped if unlimited calls addon selected.

@Jim88 

The on line app for adding / changing a call plan operates in ignorance of any discounts you may have already for broadband. Therefore any prices quoted are those reflecting the full price of products. However you will find plenty of posts on these forums which conform that the discounts are unaffected by any call plan changes - i.e you will retain those discounts.

As for the cash back I cannot comment on that, but do agree that there are posts reflecting issues with cash back payments not being honoured. Hopefully a Plusnet staffer will be along to allay your concerns. Also, if you get in contact with a staff member you may be able to arrange for the call plan to start immediately rather than at your next billing date which is the norm and which is what would happen if you use the on line app.

KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Fix

Hi @Jim88

Thanks for your query!

Firstly, I apologise for any confusion that has been caused. You can add and remove call plans as you wish, this won't effect your broadband contract or the discount that has been applied. I can see that you have now added a call plan to your account.

In terms of the cashback, you should receive an email within 10 working days of your services being activated. Please be aware that the email will be sent from our rewards address, and therefore may be filtered in to your spam/junk folders. The email will contain a form which must be completed in order to receive the reward. If you don't receive an email within the 10 working day timeframe, please do let us know as soon as possible as the reward is only valid for 2 months.

Please do let us know if you have any further questions!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team
Jim88

Great, thanks for confirming - had a couple of other posts replying that the quote doesn't display the discount, so have gone ahead as you note and added the package on.

Many thanks again,

Jim

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 394

@Jim88  Check that adding the call plan hasn't started a new contract. That's also a known issue with some accounts.

You'll probably need to wait until your billing date has passed, and the new call plan is live, to check. If it has, then post back on here and one of the nice PN Help team will correct it.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.