Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New T & C's !!!

moansalot
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

New T & C's !!!

Hi - just rec'd an email regarding new T&C's  coming up on 19th May  effictive from June 2021.relating to CPI + 3.9% increase  - I'm sure I wont be the only one to recieve this  - while the CPI increase element could at a long stretch  be justified  I'm sure i'm not alone that  will argue that the additional 3.9% is a rip off ( seem to have been driven by BT and followed by it's minions ie EE and Plusnet  to name just 2.

What is confusing me is that in July 2020 I renewed my Fibre Extra and Phone 18 month package  ( effective from 16/8/2020 )

which clearly states " Your b/band and line rental price wont change during your FIXED PRICE contract minimum term"  - which according to my basic maths will expire in January 2022  !!

Kindly explain how you can try and impose a price rise on a Fixed Price contract

6 REPLIES 6
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Re: New T & C's !!!

I believe the CPI increases would not apply to fixed price contracts or if they do then you’ll have an option to leave without paying a penalty. 

moansalot
Rising Star

Thanks

Dont really want to go though the varios hoops to get another b/b and phone supplier - if they insist on this price rise ☹️

Anonymous
Not applicable

This may help it's from the Help & Support 

If you’ve signed up to one of our fixed price contracts and you’re still within your minimum term it will do exactly what you’d expect. Your broadband and line rental prices won't change during the minimum term of your contract. When your fixed price contract minimum term ends:

• Your broadband and line rental will increase to the then applicable out of contract price set out in our Price Guide at that time; and
  • Your terms and conditions will include an annual CPI price change. This means we’ll increase the monthly price of your broadband and line rental by the annual percentage increase in the Consumer Price Index (CPI) published by the Office for National Statistics in April of that year. We’ll do this so that the price increase takes effect in June of each year, starting from the end of your minimum term.

When your fixed price contract minimum term is coming to an end, we'll send you an end of contract reminder and offer you an account review.

moansalot
Rising Star

thanks I will keep my fingers crossed that they standby that contract  - but I won't be betting the farm on it 🤐

G3WYP
Rising Star

Looks like Plusnet are going down the line of their owners BT who do the same every year.

Derek

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@G3WYP They ARE BT in all but name, and they have lost what little 'independence' they had. I'm waving bye-bye in a couple of months as I have never liked the BT way of screwing their customers.

John