cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Static IP

MastaFool

New Static IP

I requested a static ip for my broadband just under a week ago (last Friday) and I’m still waiting for the IP to be applied and become active.

Each time I’ve called customer service they’ve either said it’ll be tomorrow (as in the day after I call) or yesterday when I called, they said it had been applied and was all done, what they meant was the add-on was added but not the IP.

How long does it typically take for the static ip to be setup and activated? I have checked my current ip which has changed but it’s reverse dns still points to dyn.plus.net so I’ve not yet got my static one.
8 REPLIES 8
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: New Static IP

Have you restarted the router since the static ip was applied ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MastaFool

Hi,

Yeah I restarted this morning. Within the member portal is shows under the static ip add-on that I’m still using a dynamic ip too, I thought I’d see my new static address here?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Sounds like, despite what you were told, the static ip hasn't activated yet

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MastaFool

Yeah, that's what I feared. Do you know how long it usually takes? A week seems a little long to me to have an IP allocated and assigned.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

It’s usually automatic and quick.
Seems something had gone awry and will need staff intervention Sad
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

It SHOULD be 24-48 hrs but IIRC it may require a manual request to NetOps to implement the change. Hopefully one of the PN help team will see this thread and check. If not then I can only suggest calling CSC again and informing them that, despite the account showing static IP active, it isnt!

MastaFool

Thanks both,

That information was really helpful I've now got through to the technical team who are looking into it on the phone Smiley

Apparently it was pending but seems to have got stuck.