Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Order

rgraham
Dabbler

New Order

Hi,
I placed an order for phone/broadband yesterday.  When checking on the status it says there is a potential problem with my line and has stopped at checking your line.  Could someone let me know what the issue is?  I raised a ticket on top of the automated tickets already there, but haven't had a reply yet.
Question id's are
#73896391 and #73896863 
Regards
Roger.
14 REPLIES 14
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: New Order

The provisioning team should have been made aware of this problem and be taking action to correct it. Hopefully the Digital Care Team staff will post reassurance on Monday when they are back on the forums.
David
rgraham
Dabbler

Thanks for the response.  Hopefully someone will let me know today if there has been a problem, 
R.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi rgraham,
I've picked this up for you and placed the order, we'll be in touch as soon as we hear back from our suppliers. Hope that helps.
rgraham
Dabbler

Excellent thanks.
I posted a reply on the ticket, just wondering why the original order would have been rejected.
Thanks for your help.
Regards
Roger.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The original order would have been placed automatically whereas the new one would be manual. Automatic orders do sometimes seem to fail when manual succeeds. I don't think it's anything to worry about.
David
David
rgraham
Dabbler

My ticket now says
We would like to inform you that your Help Assistant Question [ 73896391 ] has now been returned to the BOT - FTTC Rejections pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible.
Does anyone know if this is anything to be concerned about?
Regards
Roger
rgraham
Dabbler

Hi,
My current broadband provider is BE.  They just emailed me the below,  When I placed my order for plusnet I provided my mac key.

"Looks like something's gone wrong! BT have told us that there is an ongoing cease order for your landline.
The cease date is 09/09/2013. Please check with your telephone provider what the reason is and contact us on xxx xxx xxxx. Please bear in mind that if our service gets disconnected, we may need to charge you a £25 re-connection fee as we'd need to send a BT engineer to your local telephone exchange. "
Can someone investigate this and let me know what's happening.
Regards
Roger.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Not sure what's happening with the phone line, I don't believe we've ordered anything done there. Is your phone currently with BT? If so you'd need to contact them and find out what's going on, we'll have to complete the broadband order before placing any orders to transfer the phone in. Any ceases though will interfere with the migration and will mean we need to reprovide the service 😕
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Possibly - the move of the broadband to Plusnet (they do that before moving the phone) has triggered the BE automatic phone cancellation policy if you had the phone with them as well
I suggest phoning Be at once and get them to stop the cancellation
rgraham
Dabbler

BT say there is no cease order on the account at all.  Can I get an update on the order progress please?  Is there an engineer booked yet and if so whats the date?  If not is there something wrong?
The mail from BE seems to intimate that my broadband service will cease on the 9th, its almost as though they haven't been notified that its a migration.  I've raised a ticked with them separately, stressing that I am migrating and not cancelling my account.  Can you check that the migration code has been used?

Can I get an update please?  I would update the ticket, but worried it just delays progress on the order.

Regards
Roger.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I don't need to check the MAC has been used - I know it has, I used it yesterday when I placed the order for you Smiley
The only order we've placed has been that one on the broadband, and Be should allow 20 days for the phone service to be moved away after the broadband is. If BT say there's nothing wrong then it's definitely Be.
Hope you're able to get it sorted, please keep us posted.
rgraham
Dabbler

Is there an installation date?  Just so I can book the time off.  I'll keep chasing Be on the other end. 
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Appointment is now showing as booked in, it's for the 12th September in the morning so the engineer could arrive at any time between 8am and 1pm.
rgraham
Dabbler

Thanks for all your help with this Matt.  Sorry to be a pest with so many questions.
I note on my tracker that it says Your broadband order should complete on 10th Sep 2013 - After 12pm.
Will that cause any interruption of service between then and the date of the engineer install?
Again thanks for all your responses on this thread and to everyone else that has helped. Smiley
Regards
Roger.
Ignore me.  Just spotted that it states should complete and not a definite date.  I'll book of the 12th for the engineer visit.  Thanks again for all your help.