cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Invoice Changes

mgelder
Dabbler

Re: New Invoice Changes

Hi @JOLO the figures I quoted were at the time I posted, around 4pm on Fri afternoon, I think it was.

I appreciate that was a just a snapshot.

However not sure quoting business support stats, well outside of business hours, ie a Friday evening at 9.20pm is entirely relevant. Be interesting to see what that average answer time is just for business hours, rather than adding in the off-peak bias. Thats quite a swing from 39 mins to 26s in 5 hours!

Thanks, Mike

mrhappy2
Hooked

They wont supply even if you are vat registered they told me to open business account , but if you do you cant have bt sport and youview

I moving when contracts up 

mrhappy2
Hooked

I totally agree I contacted them and they told me to get business account which you cant get tv stuff on and wouldnt let me terminate contract without paying £130 I said I wasnt happy to pay and was told "it would damage my credit history mate"

mrhappy2
Hooked

Plusnet wont give you a vat invoice even if you have a vat they tell you to get business broadband but then you cant get tv packages . 

I also believe EE and BT are same

mrhappy2
Hooked

Dont count on it they couldnt tell if they could

SM_queries
Hooked

MrHappy2

No - they're not all the same at all.

EE quotes it's VAT Number and under HMRC rules, this is sufficient for you to legally reclaim the 20% vat element in your bill.

mrhappy2
Hooked

Hi I called in at EE shop and they suggested not however the assistant didnt appear sure, I had wondered if they had updated their billing system as they are part of bt like plusnet ,I had also chatted with bt online and was told they dont supply vat invoices, as you wont get you first bill to contract cancellation period is over I am being cautious

I need one stop supplier for phone, bt sport and internet with a bills I can reclaim vat on and I liked ee as their mobilephone packages are miles better than plusnet

craigsteph1962

Your TV advert says Plusnet will not increase charges during the contract. What this new invoice system is by default doing, is forcing me to accept exactly that. To retain the service I have been used to for the last 4 or 5 years (i.e to be able to receive a VAT invoice) I have to alter to a business contract at around 50% more/month. For modest use when occasionally working from home? 

Do you really think I and the many other voicing same concerns are going to hang around and do that? 

I suggest you remove the 'proud' bit from your tag line.

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

@craigsteph1962, A couple of points here, I don't know what deal you're on at present, but I recently changed from a Residential to a Business account, and my monthly bill went down 30%! Current VAT inclusive Business prices (more than when I changes a few weeks ago) are £21.60 for ADSL, and £34.80 for 76Mb FTTC, which is around 20% more than the current corresponding Residential offers.

When you move from Residential to Business it is a new contract, and any current offers are available to you - whereas getting the current Residential offers may need some negotiating with the retentions team.

Also the no price increases during the contract isn't there to help the customer - it is there to prevent the customer being able to break the contract due to a price rise (i.e. sidestepping the Ofcom rules)

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @craigsteph1962 

I'm very sorry to hear you think that.

There has been much mention of VAT invoices earlier on in this thread. 

I'm afraid that I am unable to offer much mroe advise than to read trough the questions and replies already raised regarding this. 

Thanks,

MoR

corringham
Seasoned Champion

There has been much mention of VAT invoices in this thread (and others), but there has still been no explanation of WHY Plusnet have decided to no longer provide VAT invoices for residential customers.

I understand that they don't legally have to, but there are lots of things that most businesses do to keep customers happy that they don't legally HAVE to do.

And there is no way to keep Plusnet TV and get a VAT receipt, so for anyone that wants both Plusnet are no longer an option. Plusnet are basically excluding people that run a business from home from using their services.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @corringham

Thank you for getting in touch and I do understand you point regarding services and the VAT invoices, unfortunately Plusnet TV is not compatible with business broadband and would not be able to say if this would change in the future.

I am sorry that I am unable to provide you with more information regarding these queries currently.

corringham
Seasoned Champion

@Warwick, thanks for taking the time to reply, but I think you are missing the point.

The point I was making is that quite a lot of people work from home and need a VAT invoice in order to satisfy business tax requirements. However, they are at home so are also likely to want features such as TV. Plusnet have chosen to make those requirements mutually exclusive, thereby making Plusnet non-viable as an ISP for such users. Making residential receipts VAT compatible would cost Plusnet nothing (it simply need the "This is not a VAT invoice" to be replaced by their VAT number). The reason for not doing this eludes me, as it will force some users to move to other ISPs, and is creating a considerable amount of ill-will as evidenced by this thread (and others).
Personally, although I am now a Business user I don't need a VAT receipt, and I can't have the TV anyway as I only have ADSL (16Mbps download sync, but apparently that isn't good enough to get Plusnet TV). I am unlikely to remain a Plusnet user at the end of my current 12 month contract, and will move to an ISP that actually supports home based workers. 

These (VAT invoice, TV etc.) are all choices that Plusnet have explicitly made, they are not things that are dictated by legislation, and Plusnet have not seen fit to actually explain why they made those decisions even though they are losing customers as a result. 

Penny
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

@corringham wrote:

Making residential receipts VAT compatible would cost Plusnet nothing (it simply need the "This is not a VAT invoice" to be replaced by their VAT number). The reason for not doing this eludes me, as it will force some users to move to other ISPs, and is creating a considerable amount of ill-will as evidenced by this thread (and others).

Superuser escalation

This topic has been escalated by one of the Superusers for discussion with PlusNet (again).

Escalation does not imply that a different outcome will result. Very strongly-worded request, however.

Penny Rollo * * * joined Force9 on 17/02/98 * * * with PlusNet from 2000 onwards * * * personal website at pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Project HappyChild website (free educational resources for kids and schools, plus directory of charities helping children) 1998 onwards
Superusers are not PlusNet staff but do have a direct line of communication into the business to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the Community.
Andy_Hampshire
Hooked

Well said ... and exactly the point.

This is entirely the choice of Plusnet, costs virtually zero to fix against huge amounts of negative publicity and lost business.... just for some minor wording in the receipt.

Totally stupid, and totally against the ethos that Plusnet is supposed to hold... go on do us proud ...