Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Invoice Changes

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

New Invoice Changes

From 1st September you might notice that your bill looks a little bit different. We're giving our invoices a facelift and making them much easier to understand.

If you want to find out about all the changes we'll be making, take a look at our FAQ here

If you have any questions after reading the FAQ or want to talk about these changes then you can join the discussion below.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
137 REPLIES 137
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: New Invoice Changes

• We’ll start charging for calls up to 90 days in arrears. Sometimes our suppliers can take more than 28 days to process your call data, so they could appear on your bill up to 90 days after you’ve made the call

90 days?  Shocked

Is that a typo?

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
JonoH
Hero

@198kHz wrote:

Is that a typo?

No, sometimes but thankfully very rarely we don't receive all the relevant call data. When this happens we will add it to your next bill.  

Jono H
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

OK, thanks.

So 48 - 72 hours will still be the norm?

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
JonoH
Hero

@198kHz Yeah, most people will never notice the change.

Jono H
BazFitzpatrick
Dabbler

Very disappointed with the response to this when calling the help centre. First of all they obviously hadn't been fully briefed, and had to keep asking a manager.

Secondly as a homeworker using my personal broadband for work email my company reimburses a proportion of the Plusnet charges and wants to be able to reclaim the vAt. How hard can it be to include a VAT breakdown (many other retailers do so even on printed invoices), Plusnet will only do this on "business" accounts which I was offered to move to for only 50% higher monthly charges. So what happens if I leave before the end of the contract? I'd be stuck with the higher charges - not a good deal.

How hard can it be to add a couple of lines to an electronic invoice (particularly when it's done already for businesses)?

In our supposed "transparent" society why aren't taxes paid itemised like all other services?

dg06
Grafter

Similar as above, spoken to someone on the online chat who seemed to know very little about this. I have been provided VAT invoices ever since I joined plusnet in 2013 as I sometimes have to make some business related calls but my line is primarily used for home/residential use. All my previous suppliers had no issue providing a vat invoice as did plusnet up until now.

@JonoH Can you confirm if we can still claim VAT back on the new invoice format? Will it just say 'Total including VAT' but not the separate vat amount? Can you provide a sample of the new invoice for us to see?

My contract ends soon, so I may have to look elsewhere.

acnescar
Dabbler

I still require a VAT breakdown on my bill as I am also reimbursed a proportion of my phone bill as a benefit in kind  - I do not require a business account nor do I want to pay more.

If you wish to retain me as a customer or not charge extra for exactly the same product how do I still obtain a VAT invoice from yourselves after September?

Thanks

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

@BazFitzpatrick, it probably wouldn't be very difficult to do, but it would help people break their Terms and Conditions if they did:

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/terms/

2.1.3. use the services for personal use in the UK (so don't use the services to run your own business, but a couple of work emails or occasional home working are okay) and in accordance with our Acceptable Use Policy;

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JonoH
Hero

@acnescar wrote:

how do I still obtain a VAT invoice from yourselves after September?

VAT invoices will not be available for residential accounts After September.

Jono H
acnescar
Dabbler

The only equivalent package is 50% more - VAT only represents 20% of my current bill - It seems the only winner here will be the HMRC as the VAT wont now be reclaimable but still cheaper than forcing me onto a more expensive plan.

So much for putting the customer first. 

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

your older bills will be displayed in the format they are currently for 15 months from the date they were issued

@JonoH Does this mean that there will only be the last 15 months bills online and we will lose access to older bills (if so by when please so that I can download the old ones before I lose them) ?

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
SM_queries
Hooked

Since when is requiring a VAT invoice representitive of a buisness use of broadband ?

Plusnet tell us that as of September they won't supply a vat invoice even though our bills are inflated by 20% - ie the current rate of VAT. I've always understood that a business must supply an invoice. What underhand reason lies behind this ?

There will be one - that's for sure.

Pity too because Plusnet were so transparent compared with its owner BT - now it's just like them it seems.

JonoH
Hero

@SpendLessTime wrote:

your older bills will be displayed in the format they are currently for 15 months from the date they were issued

@JonoH Does this mean that there will only be the last 15 months bills online and we will lose access to older bills (if so by when please so that I can download the old ones before I lose them) ?

Yes @SpendLessTime, if you're wanting to download them I'd get a shuffle on but you should be ok for the first 2 weeks of August, but I wouldn't wait just in case.

Jono H
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

@SM_queries wrote:

I've always understood that a business must supply an invoice.

A VAT invoice is only required where both parties are VAT registered, there is no compulsion to provide a VAT invoice outside of this.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'