cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Invoice Changes

LawrenceA
Hooked

Re: New Invoice Changes

@Townman: "Phone call break down for bills prior to the change over are available via the phone control panel."

Except it doesn't work. In Firefox, Chrome or Edge. The itemised breakdown shows "No result found" regardless of browser.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Phone control panel not the new billing system.

User portal > Account Details > Home Phone > Itemised Bill

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LawrenceA
Hooked

Apologies, that method does seem to work.

But the user portal is now so cluttered that it's virtually impossible to find anything.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

I’ve just used it to display my itemised bills prior to 1st Sept.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Cliff_g
Grafter
Fixes: 2

The old online billing etc.format was a bit clunky and did need updating, but the new system still needs a fair bit of work on it before it's up to scratch. Thankfully not as bad as the TSB mess.

andylloyd1
Hooked

No Vat Invoice

Hope nobody needs to claim for Telephone and Broadband expenses from your employer, I have just tried to get a VAT Invoice/Rec (required by my employer) as the new billing Invoice/Rec does not show the VAT. Even though if requested a VAT Invoice/Rec must be provided by Law (VAT regulations section 13 (1) (a) obligation to provide a VAT Invoice) I have been refused. [CSA Removed] (a customer service manager) stated that Plusnets terms and conditions where above the Law. Thank you Plusnet. If this can not be resolved I will not be renewing my contract.

Does anybody have any suggestions?Huh

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: No Vat Invoice

Moderator's note:

Topics on the same subject merged.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

The LAW only requires vat invoices where both supplier and the supplied are BOTH vat registered. Are you PERSONALLY registered for VAT?

VAT receipts are not required where the amount being reclaimed is for services less than £25. The only requirement is that the party claiming knows the supplier is vat registered.

Your employer is more than likely using this as a means to avoid reimbursement. They have to apportion business and private use so as to avoid this being a benefit in kind and thereby being subject to income tax and employer NI liability. Frankly the cost of their admin effort is more than the value of VAT reclaimed.

May be you need to advise your employer’s accounts department of what the law actually says - by quoting the whole of section 13.

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Where an internet connection was not in place already when an employee started working from home then the full cost of providing one can be refunded by the employer under Section 316A without any benefit in kind, and regardless of the amount of personal usage.

Most company accounts departments are very well versed in the available exemptions for BIKs. However most do, quite reasonably, want a receipt if only to provide evidence that they have procedures in place to avoid fraudulent claims.

Very few businesses refuse to provide a receipt on request.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Under the T&Cs a residential service may not be used for working at home. Under the conditions you describe the service is (in effect) being provided to the employer and therefore should be a business grade service.

BazFitzpatrick
Dabbler

Quite clearly Plusnet have their own agenda and are sticking two fingers up at their Customers who have been used to getting a VAT invoice prior to the new invoicing system being brought in (it was OK then so why not now?). Equally clearly it seems they are trying to ride out the storm, and stick to their agenda.

So, fellow Customers, it is time to vote with your feet, but Plusnet is probably now too big to even care

gone123
Hooked

Home working IS allowed under the residential t&c's, and this could give rise to a tax deduction:

2. Your use of the services

2.1. You must:

2.1.3. use the services for personal use in the UK (so don't use the services to run your own business, but a couple of work emails or occasional home working are okay) and in accordance with our Acceptable Use Policy;

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

@gone123, as you say "occasional home working".  There aren't many employers who'd pay for your broadband for only occasional use.

SM_queries
Hooked

I've come to that conclusion Bazfitzpatrick too and decided last night, after 10 years with Plusnet, to move to EE.

I suppose that could be likened to switching car insurance year on year - there doesn't seem any benefit to being a loyal customer.

Plusnet has it's own agenda here - perhaps it relates to BT's ownership of Plusnet - I don't suppose we're going to find out but there doesn't seem to be any listening to its customers which was its unique selling point.

Whatever, I will now get from EE a simplified format invoice which is all I need to recover VAT and will lower my monthly charges for the next 18 months to boot.

gone123
Hooked

It doesn't matter whether it's occassional if your employer requires you to have it (as it's fully tax deductable), in any case I wasn't referring to employers I was referring to myself as a VAT registered person. Plusnet has refused me a VAT invoice, and as townman points out, a VAT invoice must be provided by LAW.