Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Invoice Changes

dg06
Grafter

Re: New Invoice Changes

@JonoH wrote:

@acnescar wrote:

how do I still obtain a VAT invoice from yourselves after September?

VAT invoices will not be available for residential accounts After September.

This needs some clarification as the email I received says: 

"From 1st September, your bill will show a VAT included amount, and it won't be shown separately."

What exactly will the new format be? Total including VAT (but not showing the VAT separately)?

Will PlusNets VAT details be on the invoice?

Can you provide a sample of the new invoice for us to see?

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@dg06 wrote:

I've asked for a copy of a bill, if and when  I get one I'll create a new sticky thread on here, where the picture of it is the first post so everyone can easily find it and discuss it.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
dg06
Grafter

@JonoH Thank you.

sabiggs

@dg06 wrote:

@JonoH wrote:

@acnescar wrote:

how do I still obtain a VAT invoice from yourselves after September?

VAT invoices will not be available for residential accounts After September.

This needs some clarification as the email I received says: 

"From 1st September, your bill will show a VAT included amount, and it won't be shown separately."

What exactly will the new format be? Total including VAT (but not showing the VAT separately)?

Will PlusNets VAT details be on the invoice?

It appears that Plusnet will be using the “simplified” VAT invoice regulations for “residential customers” from 1 September 2018.

Such invoices still need to show the company’s VAT Registration Number and while the invoice does not need to show the amount of VAT charged any applicable rates (standard, zero or exempt) need to be shown. [https://www.gov.uk/vat-record-keeping/vat-invoices]

Hope this helps.

BazFitzpatrick
Dabbler

If Plusnet is is  using the simplified VAT Invoice then this is admissible to use to reclaim VAT.

Perhaps Plusnet could clarify if indeed this is the case?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

The linked to HMRC page states...

You can’t reclaim VAT using an invalid invoice, pro-forma invoice, statement or delivery note

Immediately below it is a definition and applicability of VALID invoices of which the simplified version is one of 3.

Therefore the simplified version can be used to reclaim VAT.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

BazFitzpatrick
Dabbler

Just need Plusnet to confirm they are using a compliant simplified invoice.

dg06
Grafter

@JonoH wrote:

@dg06 wrote:

I've asked for a copy of a bill, if and when  I get one I'll create a new sticky thread on here, where the picture of it is the first post so everyone can easily find it and discuss it.

Any update on this?

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@JonoH  Please can you answer the following question.... by sending me a PM....

How much am I being charged, per month,  at present, for my email and domain services.... Separate charges for each item please...

Thank you.

BazFitzpatrick
Dabbler

Very disappointed with Plusnet customer services!

We are just about 3 weeks from the changeover and they seem able or unwilling to gives us sight of what a new invoice is going to look like nor confirm if it conforms to the requirements of HMRCs simplified invoice standard.

Very poor show!

Is this creeping BT Customed Service getting a grip on Plusnet, when's the call centre moving to India?

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@dg06 wrote:

Any update on this?

Not yet unfortunately, I'm really sorry but I've chased again this morning,

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
amykelly1996

The Value Added Tax Regulations 1995 require that a VAT registered person (in this case PlusNet plc) that makes a taxable supply to a taxable person (you and me, the customer) must provide a VAT invoice/receipt.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1995/2518/regulation/13/made

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi Amy,

A warm welcome to the forums.

You and me are not "taxable persons" in the context of the VAT regulations - see https://uk.practicallaw.thomsonreuters.com/3-107-7365?transitionType=Default&contextData=(sc.Default... 

To make sense of your implied definition, Plusnet would need to know if each individual does or does not pay personal tax … clearly something completely non-viable.

There is a country mile difference between what a trading body MUST do and what they MIGHT do.  Personally I do not understand or see why any trading party does not just issue a standard full VAT invoice to everyone, be they a "taxable person" as defined by the VAT regulations or not.  It is simpler for everyone, most notably for the billing system which would not need to determine if the party is or is not a "taxable person".

As ever legalese is very clear over what you MUST do and says nothing about what you MIGHT CHOOSE to do - in this case it clearly defines what MUST be done in respect of TAXABLE PERSONS … it does not say that you cannot CHOOSE to do the same for everyone.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Andy_Hampshire
Hooked

So the new format invoice is now available and it looks to me like it doesn't conform to the simplified VAT invoice requirements as it lacks Plusnet's VAT information.

I thought they had to follow the requirements under  Regulation 13 of the VAT Regulations 1995 (Statutory Instrument 1995/2518 ) , which are issued under power of Para 2 of Schedule 11 of the VAT Act 1994..... i.e. provide a VAT receipt on request.

Thoughts anyone ?

BazFitzpatrick
Dabbler

My understanding is that  a VAT invoice simplified or otherwise, is only requirement for sales to other VAT registered businesses. 

A business can provide a VAT invoice to anyone else on a discretionary basis, but there is no obligation to do so. Plusnet have decide not to provide a VAT invoice of any iscription to residential customers who they deem are not businesses. What they have missed is the many thousands of individuals who work from home from time to time using their home broadband and who claim a proportion of the cost back from their employers who are VAT registered and who want to be able to reclaim the VAT element back.

The cost to Plusnet is negligible; it's a ploy to charge the higher business rate. But the difference is more than the VAT reclaimable, and just p***es customer off. I'll be moving to another ISP as soon as my contract ends.

The influence of Plusnet owners (BT) is starting to filtered through, how long before the call centre moves to S.E. Asia?