cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fibre Upgrade

dai
Grafter

New Fibre Upgrade

Hi, this morning I placed a order to upgrade from "Normal" ADSL to FTTC broadband.  Is there anywhere I can check online that shows and reflects that this order is on the system, and the date I requested for the Installation by OR is confirmed?  I am currently out of the country until 22nd Dec so have no use of my mobile phone?
Many Thanks
17 REPLIES 17
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: New Fibre Upgrade

Have you checked the tickets on your account https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search
dai
Grafter

Thanks Oldjim I had no idea you could do that, upon checking it this is what I found
"There's been a problem progressing your broadband order.
We'll get some more information on the problem and update this ticket with details as soon as we have them.
[internal note]
Order has been cancelled. Please check Install Diary and resubmit order once issue is resolved"
Any idea what this is about?  Why is nothing ever as simple as it should be!
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

BT Openreach?
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
dai
Grafter

BT Openreach in what respect Strat?  As in they have cancelled the order?  I notice it says on the ticket "Please check Install Diary and resubmit order once issue is resolved", does this possibly mean there is a issue with the install date, and if so why was it available to choose when I placed the order this morning?
Thanks for your help.
Strat
Community Veteran

Openreach seem to be a little overloaded with fibre orders at the moment.
A good bet though is to see what DC guys say about it on Monday.
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
dai
Grafter

Many thanks for your help Strat, its just very frustrating!  Excuse my ignorance, but can you explain what the DC guys are?
Strat
Community Veteran

Digital Care. Plusnet staff who patrol the forum.
They usually work office hours.
dai
Grafter

Can one of the DC team pick this up please, so that I can get the order squared away?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
It looks like we're needing to place the order for fibre manually for some reason. A member of our provisioning team is working on this right now so you should see an update on your ticket very soon.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi dai,
I've placed the order for you and we've requested the 27th for the engineer appointment. A ticket has been created on your account and we'll confirm this date with you in the next 48 hours.
Any questions let me know.
dai
Grafter

Gents, many thanks for your rapid help.  Could I just ask that when the installation date is confirmed Chris, could you update the ticket,email me or update this thread,  Its just that I am out of the country and my mobile isn't in use where I am currently.  Is it normal that you had to manually order this, and if you don't mind me asking, what was the reason it had to be ordered this way?  Once again, many thanks for your help, it is appreciated.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Certainly, I'll update your ticket and this thread whenever needed.
dai
Grafter

Hi, I can see that Abdullah has replied to my ticket, confirming that the order has gone through and that my installation date of the 27th is a go, so many thanks for that.  One last query, when will the router be dispatched, seeing as the installation date is the 27th Dec, and with the Christmas delivery schedule and holidays etc, delivery is obviously going to be affected.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've checked this with the relevant folks here and I've been advised that we have kept that in mind so you should receive that nice and early.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team