Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Data Protection Law

FIXED
Leapy
Aspiring Pro

New Data Protection Law

I'm sure we are all aware that on 25th May 2018,  the new Data Protection Law kicks in? Smiley

Anyway, today I was really busy, far away from my landline phone, and it rings!

I get to the landline and its PlusNet, (PN) inviting me to get mobile phone from £6 per month and asking me about my mobile phone/s and contract/s.Angry

Now, if I had wanted a PN mobile phone, (which I don not) its been widely promoted when it was a new service at £5 per month and has a running advert on the PN web home page for ages, so I can get one, without getting a phone call to ask me. 

Which brings me to the Data Protection Law and preferences. Roll eyes

I'm sure I never agreed to allow PN phone me and advertise and market other products or is this something we can't  change Shocked and .....how do I opt out of getting phone calls for  PN marketing?

The pub is two minutes from my home, although my home is two hours from the pub,
2 REPLIES
Fixes: 223

Re: New Data Protection Law

Fix
Your marketing preferences are here https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=modifyMailOptions

Customer / Moderator / If it helped click the thumb / If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'

Leapy
Aspiring Pro

Re: New Data Protection Law

@dvorak Thank you Smiley I now turned off phone and SMS options. I like the bit where it says "Please be aware that these communications may include offers that will lower the cost of your Plusnet service."

The pub is two minutes from my home, although my home is two hours from the pub,