Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer & Moving Home

Edzo
Hooked

New Customer & Moving Home

Hi,
I signed up yesterday for home phone & broadband. I'm moving home on 11th July. The reason I jumped ship to Plusnet is because my present CP will not let me take my number with me. Now, with a bit of luck, my migration should go without a hitch, I just phoned CP and my line is already pending cease..
On notification of my activation, I will contact Plusnet with move details. Given that our new home is a stones throw from where we are now (closer to the exchange); it should be a pretty routine stop/start of the line at new address..
Is there anything else I should know or do so that I avoid any nasty surprises along the way?
Many thanks
Edzo
1 REPLY 1
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: New Customer & Moving Home

Hi Edzo,
I can see that we have now placed our orders for the account that you signed up yesterday and they are due to complete on 02/07/2014. Considering you're moving into your new address on the 11th we may find that it's not going to be enough time between activation at the current property and the move to the new property but this is dependent on the kind of orders we have to place for the move.
Given that our new home is a stones throw from where we are now (closer to the exchange); it should be a pretty routine stop/start of the line at new address..

This doesn't depend on where your new home is located unfortunately. The "routine stop/start" of the line at the new address is entirely based on what, if any, services are currently active at the property. The current tenants of the property should either leave their services active to allow us to take them over or they will ask their current suppliers to cease the current services in which case we'll either be able to re-start the line or we may need to send an engineer out to re-connect the services end to end.
If you can PM me your new address details I can take a look and see what the current service situation is which should give us an indication of how "easy" the house move will be.