Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer - Have Question

Officejet
Dabbler

New Customer - Have Question

Hi, 

New Plusnet customer - Broadband Unlimited & Line Rental package.

Our ADSL line 'go live' date is 31/05/18.

We are now in a 12 month contract.

If, when these 12 months have fully completed & the 12 contracted months are over - we decide to migrate another provider e.g  SKY / TalkTalk / Virgin or BT etc (keeping our landline number):

Q - Will there be some sort of fee that we have to pay Plusnet?

I'm asking on behalf of my particular contract - not in general.

We are willing to give Plusnet a shot - but need to understand the terms of the contract - should things not work out.

If you need my details to double check - I am happy to provide them.

Warmest thanks,

Officejet

7 REPLIES 7
Kdog
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: New Customer - Have Question

This would depend on how you leave and who you left to. There wouldn't be contract fees but could be a cease fee levied by Openreach if you were to leave the Openreach network.

This would mean if you cancelled the line outright, or if you moved to a non BT based provider, such as Virgin or depending on whether the provider is LLU such as sky and talk talk (this can vary by exchange as to whether the new provider has their own equipment there).

This actually applies to most providers on OR-as above the charge isn't actually from pnet or the provider but from OR for cancelling the line. As it stands it's £30.
Officejet
Dabbler

I appreciate the reply.

To focus the first post I made. I have signed upto Plusnet Utl Broadband (adsl) + Landline only.

After the 12m mark has been passed & I am no longer in contract - what will be the charge if I migrate (Keeping my landline number) to:

A) TalkTalk Fibre

B) TalkTalk ADSL

C) Sky Fibre

D) Sky ADSL

E) Virgin ADSL

F) Virgin Cable

Thanks.   

davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Don't think options (b) and (e) are even possible, as neither TalkTalk or Virgin supply ADSL anymore. Also not sure that Sky sell ADSL now either. For all the fibre/cable options there will be a cease charge of £30 from PN.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Officejet.

In addition to the above comments it's difficult to advise solely from an ISP name whether the cessation fee would be applicable as it depends whether they have an LLU presence in the exchange your address is connected to.

It also depends on how they take over the line, if they place a working line takeover as opposed to a straight transfer.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Officejet
Dabbler

Gandalf,

PM sent.

Cheers.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@Officejet I've replied to your private message. Cheers.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RF_Engineer
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

AFAIK, Plusnet are the only ISP to charge this £30 fee - even BT have abolished it.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broadband-cease-charge

RF_Engineer