cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer ANd Not Happy

daz1107
Grafter

New Customer ANd Not Happy

I placed an order on 31 July to move to Plusnet Fibre with an installation date of 18 August; on 1 August, I had a text saying the MAC code was incorrect (thanks BT!!).
On the same day, I responded with the correct MAC code, but heard nothing until yesterday to say my order had been accepted.  Why was there a delay of 12 days?
I then had a text this morning saying my installation is now 29 August, but my account shows an installation of 28 August, but not whether it will be morning or afternoon.  So when do I need to be at home?Huh
This is almost 2 weeks after my initial order date, and whilst I appreciate that BT had given me an incorrect MAC code, I could accept a delay of a couple of days, but 2 weeks?Huh
I moved to Plusnet due to the (supposed) excellent customer service, but i'm seriously tempted to cancel and go back to BT!!
8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: New Customer ANd Not Happy

Hi there,
Why was there a delay of 12 days?

I'm really sorry that it took us that long to pick up on this request, that admittedly is a much longer turnaround than I would like to have seen.
14 days is the lead time for such orders too so I can promise there's been no further delay on that front.
I then had a text this morning saying my installation is now 29 August, but my account shows an installation of 28 August, but not whether it will be morning or afternoon.  So when do I need to be at home?Huh

It's a migration so you don't need to be at home. This is due to happen on the 28th, however I know you've received a text saying:
"An update report has been received for this account.
The broadband order is being processed by the supplier.
The activation will complete by midnight on 29/08/2014."
This doesn't meant that the order isn't due on the 28th but it sent as some types of orders can lead to a 24hr delay until the account on our side is activated, that shouldn't affect you though.
Apologies again for the delay, this shouldn't have any negative impact on you being able to use your current broadband service in the meantime.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
daz1107
Grafter

But I do need to be at home as i'm having fibre installed and i'm currently on general broadband.  When I ordered it said I would need to be there!!
dick:quote 
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry, that's purely my bad for making an incorrect assumption about your order.
You do definitely need to be in on the 28th and I hope that's a convenient appointment for you. Let me know if not.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
daz1107
Grafter

I've had a text now saying that it will be 28 August between 8am and 1pm; it then had the cheek to say if i'm not there, I will be charged a £50 penalty.
Where's my £50 for failing to turn up on the 15th!!
Hmmm, I'm seriously having second thoughts about this
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've had a text now saying that it will be 28 August between 8am and 1pm

I understand it might be hard not to look at that as a good thing but that's a confirmation about the appointment as it stands and for the date and time we'd expect.
Can you post back here when the service has been installed please so I can make sure we arrange a good will gesture for you?
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
daz1107
Grafter

Thanks - I will certainly keep you up to date with progress....be it good or bad!!!!
daz1107
Grafter

Can you post back here when the service has been installed please so I can make sure we arrange a good will gesture for you?

Hi Adam
Install happened today after the long delay  Wink
All seems to be ok at the moment, after I had to call Plusnet to enable my line.  So what's this good will gesture you spoke of?
Thanks
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi daz1107,
I am glad to hear that everything is now resolved even if it took longer than necessary on our part.
I have sent you a message on your account which can be found here: 90726094
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet