Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Contract Not Applied

axlstod
Grafter

New Contract Not Applied

hi, I hope you can help.

firstly i'd just like to mention that I have already had a live chat yesterday where I was told by the operator that he would talk to his boss on Tuesday.

so here is my issue, on the 12th February I was looking through the product change option, mainly because I had received a text message from plusnet offering btsports at a reduced price. So not wanting to go through with it through my phone due to security reasons I decided to search for it through the plusnet.com website via my pc.

On doing so I discovered an offer in product change for the same package I currently had which is unlimited fibre extra but for a fixed price of I believe of either £11 or £11.99 instead of £20.99 (not including line rental) so I thought I would be mad not to take something I already had and was happy with for this price so I renewed my contract.

I then decided to update a few details in my account such as email address and then decided to change from all calls to evenings and weekends due to everyone in the house having unlimited calls on our mobile phones.

on checking back that everything had gone through correctly I checked once again through product change that it had gone through and it now said I was on unlimited fibre extra and had an updated picture which had the offer price. so I assumed everything to be fine.

but when I received last months bill it seemed higher than I was expecting so I checked again and it still said I was on unlimited fibre extra at the discounted price so I assumed it to be a change over pricing issue and would correct itself by the next bill. which unfortunately hasn't and I am still paying £20.99 for unlimited fibre extra.

so that is why I took the decision yesterday to contact live support. but was basically told that an existing customer cannot change products through the product change option (although i've done it before) and on the date I made the changes I only signed up to btsports and evenings and wkends calls although I now have a new contract for 18 months, which puzzles me because why would I sign up for another 18 months if there was no incentive to do so?

he offered me a new contract for 24 months but it was on a far poorer deal than the £11 I signed up to. and it was also far poorer to the current deals that new customers are signing up to? unlimited fibre extra is currently been offered for £27.99 plus an additional £4 for the evenings and wkends package  so £31.99. I was offered yesterday a 24month deal for £37.99 and am currently paying £39.99.

due to a redesign on the website I can no longer find any trace of the new deal I signed up to. but believe the redesign could be the cause of my issue.

I hope this can be sorted because I have been with plusnet for over 10 years now and this whole experience has left me feeling some what disgruntled.

thankyou. 

4 REPLIES 4
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: New Contract Not Applied

If you go to https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question the offer that was made should be detailed in a recent question

axlstod
Grafter

thanks for the reply but theres nothing there other than help assistant .

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @axlstod, thanks for getting in touch via our forums.

I'm really glad to hear that you decided to re-contract with us, though sorry to see that the offer you agreed to wasn't applied. I've managed to speak with someone who's been able to advise me what offers will have been available to you at the time via the portal.

I've made all the necessary amendments for you and provided a more detailed response on the account here for you (just as it contains some account specific info) but if you have any further queries please just get back to us.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
axlstod
Grafter

that's great thankyou.