cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New BB/LR order just a quick question.

Trevstan
Grafter

New BB/LR order just a quick question.

Hi all first post  Cheesy I just put my order in tonight for Unlimited Fibre and the Telephone service  Cool can't wait to get them crazy speeds.
Just a quick question really, I am currently with o2 for my BB and BT for my line rental however the line rental and BB are under my name when signing up tonight I realised that I would have to setup a direct debit (Didn't have one for BT and o2's payments came from my dads card) so I put the Plusnet order under my partners name as she is the one with the bank card (I don't currently have a bank account) and thought best to put it in her name as the direct debit may fail, the initial upfront payment has been took and the direct debit has been setup fine and got my provisional install date for fibre on the 18th March  :).
All I am wondering is when Plusnet contact BT/o2 (I don't even know if they do that and it is an automated service) and say *my GFs name* wants to transfer there services to us and BT/o2 will see a different name in front of them *mine* will this be a stumbling block? Or is it line related and not name related?
Both are well past there minimum contract terms and I added the MAC that o2 gave me to the order and i guessed that everything will change over fine in to my GFs name.

Cheers for any help and hopefully my issue isn't one Smiley x
3 REPLIES 3
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: New BB/LR order just a quick question.

Good Morning Trevstan!,
Welcome to the boards Cheesy
The take over request will not include any names at all, it's simply "A request has been made to take over this service, it will happen on this date" - With your landline service, you will most likely get an email/letter from BT saying something along the lines of "We've had a request to transfer your service, please let us know if this is not what you've asked for" - You won't get one with the broadband, because having the MAC, you've already given authorisation for the service to be taken over.
With the transfer of the broadband service, o2 would be told once the order has been placed and the MAC has been used. However, It's always a good idea to contact them to ensure they stop billing you after the go-live date with us.
Hope this helps,
Regards,
Matt
Trevstan
Grafter

Great stuff just what I wanted to hear and thanks for the quick reply  :)!
I'll look forward to getting my order now  Cheesy
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

You're very welcome!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and the uber fast speeds when you get them! Cheesy