cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never received Amazon gift card

romscot
Dabbler

Never received Amazon gift card

Amazon being an online service, I expect to get an email with my "Plusnet reward" (gift card)

This shouldn't take 30 days...

Claimed the reward on Jul 12 and never got it. Conveniently I need to use it in 60 days after it's claimed...

22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Never received Amazon gift card

Hello @romscot, welcome to the Forums.

Amazon Gift Vouchers don't expire well not for many many years. Are you saying that you took up an offer from Plusnet that provided you with a free gift certificate. If so can you elaborate please.

romscot
Dabbler

I claimed my Plusnet reward when I joined, which was supposed to be an Amazon gift card of £120.

I got an email from Plusnet:

Thanks for claiming your Plusnet Reward.
We're now making sure it wings its way to you. We'll send it either by email or by post to the address on your My Details page.

We work to get rewards sent as soon as possible but please allow up to 30 days for postal deliveries to arrive.

And I never got any other email afterward i.e. never got the email with the gift card.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @romscot

@romscot wrote:
Conveniently I need to use it in 60 days after it's claimed...

Are you referring to this:

How long is the link to claim my Plusnet Rewards valid for?

You'll have up to two months from the date we send you your email to claim your Plusnet Reward. So we can track if you've started the process to claim your Plusnet Reward, we may check to see if you open your email within this two month period

As this is simply referring to the time between the redemption email being sent and it expiring.

While I'm not entirely sure the Amazon Vouchers are just sent as e-voucher codes, we do advise that we'll aim to provide the reward within 30 days of you submitting the redemption form and receiving confirmation of this.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by the advised lead times.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
romscot
Dabbler

thanks @HarryB

I called your phone support too and after 20 minutes wait and 10 minutes of back and forth, just as I was getting somewhere, the call dropped. No call back.

Called again, waited 15 minutes, and spent 20 minutes with the adviser (that's now 75 minutes spent to get an answer).

They apparently don't know how I will get the reward. Seems strange to be sending Amazon vouchers by post... and seems long to wait for 20 days for a letter to arrive in central London too...

Do you have any way to confirm to me what I should even expect, letter or email?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@romscot wrote:

Do you have any way to confirm to me what I should even expect, letter or email?

I actually asked that question right away after pressing post on my last reply (Whether it will be an actual gift card, or an e-voucher)

I'll let you know as soon as I have a response.

While I appreciate up to 30 days sounds long for something to arrive by post, it's not that it can take that long for something to arrive by post, but it is the lead time we advise in line with the delivery time we work to with the cashback/reward provider.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Apologies for the delay, I thought I'd already come back to this previously.

I've been advised it will be an e-voucher and that they're generally pretty quick on being sent. However we do unfortunately still need to allow the stated lead time if they're not there pretty quick.

Thanks for your patience.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
romscot
Dabbler

@HarryB can you confirm you are saying that I should get these evouchers via email?

or am I being sent a letter with paper vouchers to be used online?

thanks

romscot
Dabbler

@HarryB - we're well past the 30 days now, and still no voucher in sight...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I believe these vouchers are sent by email and redeemable from within your Amazon account.

I'd recommend getting in touch with the Rewards team on 08005872013.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
TimJW
Hooked

I'd be interested to see if there has been a resolution to this, as I am having the same issue. Signed up early July, connected by the 17th. No sign of Amazon voucher by last week, phoned support, and they said they had escalated the call, and I should get my voucher "shortly".

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Sorry to hear you've not received your Amazon voucher yet too

I'd recommend getting in touch with the rewards team on the above number

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
romscot
Dabbler

I called them

After 3 attemtps where the call hung up right away, I got to someone who said I would get an email voucher (first time I hear this directly unprompted) in the next 24 hours... wait and see

CaptainChunck

I got  internet with Plusnet in July i got the email about claiming the reward one the 26th had i not come here i would have never looked for it as it was in my junk E-Mail i just assumed it would come in the post with my welcome package but they don't explain this to people so i can imagine a lot of un tech savvy people would not think to look in their junk mail for this email, anyways regardless iv followed the link in the email and filled out the details today, for documentation sake il will let you know if and when i receive mine 

TimJW
Hooked

To keep this updated, I phoned the rewards number given above, and was told I had definitely been emailed my voucher code.

I checked my Email and spam folder - but there was nothing. The rewards team then resent the code - and said it would probably be there within the hour, but I should give it 24 hours.

Checking again now, just over 24 hours later, and I still have nothing. I will phone again now.

Update to update - I've just been told that the rewards team is aware of an error where they are being notified that the vouchers have been sent, but for some Email addresses, they haven't been - and that "it looks like your's is one of those addresses, so we will escalate this again, and get the voucher sent out manually"

So here's hoping.