Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never received £50 cashback email when joining

ryan2
Hooked

Never received £50 cashback email when joining

Hi all,

I never received any email about the £50 cashback which was promised as advertised when joining plusnet, I have checked all junk/spam folders and I haven't recieved anything. I was just wondering if anyone else has the same problem, and if so how/if they actually got the cashback? Thank you. 

7 REPLIES 7
harrym1byt
Rising Star

Re: Never received £50 cashback email when joining

Yes, I got the email 18 months ago and then the refund cheque - all in a timely manner.

ryan2
Hooked

Lucky you, I haven't received any email or any kind of communication about the refund which is very poor from plusnet. I'm not sure what steps to take but I will have to chase this up and then form a complaint if this isn't resolved. 

RealChewbacca

Like many others posting on this forum, having changed to fibre with my new contract on the 18th March I would have expected an email telling me how to claim my £50.00 cashback within 10 days yet nothing has arrived from Plusnet. Is this a contractual failure as it was advertised as part of the deal. I expect I will be told that with renewals this does not count. However, I started a different and new 18 month contract with fibre rather than ordinary broadband so I count that as a new contract, as in my old contract has ended, so why doesn't Plusnet carry through on their promises and ensure that everyone gets what they have signed up for especially considering how they will stick rigidly to the up and coming price rises in June.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Welcome to the community forums @ryan2

I'm sorry to hear you haven't heard about your cashback yet.

I've raised this with our cashback team and we should hear back within 5 working days.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@RealChewbacca

From what I can see, cashback wasn't offered to you when you re-contracted.

Was this discussed/offered over the phone? If so would you be able to send me a PM with the number you called us on so I can listen to the call.

Thanks.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RealChewbacca

Hi Gandalf, the cashback was never mentioned in the telephone call to renew and upgrade my contract to fibre but as the fact that £50.00 cashback was splashed all over the advertising at the time and was mentioned in Moneysaving experts site then I would have thought that if it's on offer then it shouldn't need to be mentioned as it should surely be part of the package or am I somehow different to the rest?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for coming back to us @RealChewbacca

Unfortunately the offers you see via an affiliate or at www.plus.net are generally for new customers only.

As cashback wasn't discussed when you re-contracted I'm sorry to say but you're not eligible I'm afraid.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet