Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to update credit card details

FIXED
jimmy19856
Dabbler

Need to update credit card details

Hi, I would greatly appreciate if someone could delete my current credit card details so that I can update with a new card. Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Need to update credit card details

Hey @jimmy19856,

Is this in regards to a Mobile or Home Phone & Broadband account?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
jimmy19856
Dabbler

Hi @TheMightyAJ  , this is for my Broadband account.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Thanks for confirming this @jimmy19856. We have a video guide on how you can update your payment card details online, here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
jimmy19856
Dabbler

I've updated my details but what normally happens is the payment will fail on the due date and I will need to get someone at Plusnet to delete my card details so I can enter a new card. I don't think this glitch was ever fixed.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @jimmy19856

Aye sadly that's still an issue we're aware of. 

Due to the way our systems work, if we can't take a payment through stored card details for one reason or another then we'd manually remove the card on your bill date, so the payment would then fail, if we don't do that then the failed payment basically never generates an outstanding balance in our systems. 

You'd then be able to make a one-off payment then re-add card details for future ongoing payments. 

In this case though the payment hadn't failed and all you wanted to do is update your card details you can do normally. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jimmy19856
Dabbler

Hi @Gandalf ,

Unfortunately when the payment fails then I get my internet restricted almost immediately, making it impossible to make payments. I end up having to get someone outside my house to login and make the payment.

It just saves a lot of hassle if someone deletes my card details so that I can enter new details as it is the only method that seems to work.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @jimmy19856

I'm sorry for the issues you get when the payment fails.

Ideally you should be able to bypass the failed payment interruptions as you should see a payment reminder on your screen when you try to browse, but we're aware this doesn't always happen and sometimes you just get a redirect error. 

Have you thought about setting up a direct debit? Things will run a lot smoother with one in place.

I don't see the benefit of deleting your card details now though as you've already updated them?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jimmy19856
Dabbler

Hi @Gandalf ,

Yes I've updated the card details but if that glitch is still unresolved then on the 15th it will ignore the new card and try to take payment from the old card or something, resulting in a failed payment.

Ideally for peace of mind I would like the payment method reminder email that is sent when card details are manually deleted so I can set it up that way.

My bank account flunctuates a lot so direct debit is not really possible for me.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @jimmy19856

Ah thanks for the clarification.

I've removed your card details now. Can you re-add them?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jimmy19856
Dabbler

Yes I've now re-added the details, thanks @Gandalf 

There was a stage when it asked for an OTP and said that £1.01 would be sent to Plusnet. Will that be refunded?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

No problem @jimmy19856 

I can't see the payment our side but feel free to private message me if you see it on your card and I'll take a closer look.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet