Grafter

Re: Need to query huge usage today

Righto! Merci!
Smiley
Joshc
Grafter

Hey,
So I am in the process of getting it zeroed now.
I will let you know when it is done.
It is not a quick process just to let you know.
It will be rectified for you though Smiley
Ado16
Grafter

I am envisioning you turning a large handle on a Victorian style Printing Press (except this one produces Data) with all the accompanying rusty grinding and squeaks that might go along with this.
Joshc
Grafter

Thank you for your continued Patience.
I have been made aware whilst turning the handle to the broadband press that there are still ongoing issues, found due to your case.
I would just like to reiterate that you will not be getting charged for the amount of usage showing on that day.
But we have to wait to see how many customer are still affected and then make a decision on zeroing the usage. 

Grin
leo44
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

hi I have had this same problem. I was informed that I had exceeded my 10 gb usage was being charged an extra £5 for 5gb extra. although my usage is now showing 3.34gb the message and £5 charge is still on my account. I presume this will be removed before I am billed?
catelliott
Grafter

Our billing team are sorting all these out before your billing date Smiley
JamesDL
Dabbler

Looks like this is still happening. My usage shows 2.47 GB used 21/02/2015 (1st day of new billing period). No unusual internet usage and my entire month's usage for the previous month was 5.47GB (which I though was high anyway as for the last 3 years my average monthly usage was only around 4GB - and that includes a period when I was streaming Sky movies for a couple of months which massively spiked my normal usage of 2.5GB/month)
Note - this is for info only as I'm on an unlimited contract so won't affect me adversely
Update - just checked the breakdown and the bulk of the usage is showing as "Streaming". I was watching Final score on the BBC site for about 40 minutes - 2.37GB for that? I think not! Watch it every week.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

It depends on whether you were watching in standard or HD. If it was HD then that usage is about right.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Not BBC HD Jelv, that's only around 1 GB per hour. 40 mins for around 2.4 GB seems far too much, there must have been something else.
That's RPM to you!!
kitkat
Grafter

Broadband usage

I am sorry if this is the wrong forum but did not know which one to use. I have noticed that the usage on my BB is excessive this month. I am a light user and the most usage I have had has been about 3-4 gb This month I have used over 7gb unheard of for me. On 2 days alone one was over 2gb and on Thursday 26th FEB  I was supposed to have used 3.11 gb that included the overnight usage that was added on.So taking into account all the other days the usage. Is 7.31 gb. Have others had similar problems with there excessive usage? Again I appologies if this thread is in the wrong place. Thanks in advance for any help.  KK
Ado16
Grafter

Right! this isn't funny any more.  Despite assurances we've just received THREE messages saying we've exceeded our allowance (based on your mistake from the 18th February) and will be charged accordingly next bill date.  I'd like to know again that this won't happen and we won't be charged what appears to be from the messages £15 for exceeding 10, 15 and 20 GB.of data.  which of course we haven't once that 17GB overcharge is taken off.
Why we should receive this notification now, when the problem is supposedly sorted out is intriguing and rather annoying.
I look forward to hearing that this has been sorted out.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Ado16,
Sorry for shocking you with those emails. I'll make sure this is sorted this morning. I'm not sure what caused it right now but I'll get someone to drop you a ticket to confirm it's been resolved for you.
Thanks,
Jojo
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi Jojo,
Welcome back to the forums - is this a flying visit or are you making a return to the front line?  You have been missed!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

'fraid it is just flying, but I do miss you all Smiley
Ado16
Grafter

Quote from: Joanne
Hi Ado16,
Sorry for shocking you with those emails. I'll make sure this is sorted this morning. I'm not sure what caused it right now but I'll get someone to drop you a ticket to confirm it's been resolved for you.
Thanks,
Jojo

Thank you for this - Just about recovering here.  Though the notice is still on the account that we're going to be charged extra for going over.  Shocked
Going for a lie down in a darkened room.