cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to get Gold ORDI raised with OpenReach / PlusNet

shashinmishra

Need to get Gold ORDI raised with OpenReach / PlusNet

Hello,

I called up OpenReach to ask why can't I get the faster speeds (fttp on demand) and was told that my address needs to be a gold address, which is achieved by raising a Gold ORDI.

They cannot accept a request from me because I am not their customer, but plusnet can because plusnet is their customer.

Can you please help? I want to be able to get the best speed after my current contract expires.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Need to get Gold ORDI raised with OpenReach / PlusNet

@shashinmishra 

FTTP on Demand is a service for businesses. It costs a four figure sum or more to install and there is an equally eye watering monthly charge. It is a different service to residential FTTP. Apart from that Plusnet do not provide a FTTP service.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

shashinmishra

May be I am not using the right terms, but I know people who live close by that have faster residential internet plans than I am able to get.

When I discussed this with OpenReach they said that my address needs to be converted to a Gold address and that only Plusnet can raise a request for it.

Hence this request.

shashinmishra

Also, I am aware that Plusnet does not provide FTTP service. A Gold address will enable me to get faster plans from other providers if I find them suitable.

Baldrick1

@shashinmishra 

As I understand it a Silver account means that the Post Office is aware of your address but it doesn't appear in Openreach records. A Gold account is present in both. As you say, Plusnet need to get the record updated.

It was your post on FTTPoD that threw me.

Moderator and Customer

shashinmishra

@Baldrick1 

Thanks! I am hoping one of the admins from Plusnet will pick up the request from here in the forums. Do you know how can I get their attention?

Baldrick1

@shashinmishra 

The Mods are customers the same as you and me who volunteer for this task so they cannot help you. You need to get the attention of a Plusnet staffer and they seem to be very thin on the ground on this forum. 

Moderator and Customer