cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to change bill payer

anthony1968

Need to change bill payer

After being removed from my property (unemployed) I'm no long able to keep up the payments, however the other tenant is quite willing to take on the phone/broadband direct debit.
Can somebody advise how to go about this.
Thanks in advance
3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Need to change bill payer

I had something similar at my business premises when my lease expired.  I rang COTS, explained what I wanted to do - have someone new take over the service and they sorted it.
Its a good approach as you avoid the cost of cessing the BB service.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MJN
Pro
Fixes: 5

Unfortunately this isn't possible as we've just tried - see Adam's message here for the explanation. Perhaps business accounts don't share the same constraints as residential by the sounds of it?
In our case the line has had to be terminated and reconnected, which unfortunately has led to an 11-day downtime of service.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

...and likewise see my request for clarification from Adam following that post here

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.